HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: to: Sister_Soldier
In Response To: Re: to: Sister_Soldier ()

If I am overstanding you correctly, I would have to agree. When I say "agree to disagree", we each are making a journey of both self-discovering and spiritual development (I hope), we may not all decide on exactly the same things as being important. For example, each mansion, and sometimes each idren has a slightly varied definition of His Imperial Majesty; some eat meat, some are veg, some are raw vegans. And yet, many of us would agree on the importance of breaking the bonds of mental slavery that have been inflicted upon people of color. Many would also agree that the system as it stands still imposes racist politics, upon the people it is supposed to protect. As each of us identifies that which is most important to us, we can decide or define where common ground is held.

We have the ability to accept that which does not directly affect the whole if we so chose. By this I mean that what a bredren or sistren eats, becomes an act of choice. How a one performs the physical act of praises is a personal choice. The fact that there is a war of global proportions, that threatens yet another genocide, or should I say continued genocide, is not our choice, but our reaction to it is.

When I say that some are warriors and some are peace makers, I am stating a simple fact. I have bredren that I would not hesitate to have protect my life, and yet would not ask them to negotiate for it, and vice versa. The war of which I am speaking is not the same one that Mr. Bush is planning. It is a war against spiritual wickedness in high and low places. At this point I hold to "by any means necessary" rather than "not one of flesh and blood". I believe we will continue to have martyrs, and heroes (heroines), and we will continue to have peacemakers with "a dream" so to speak. There is a place for all. While they are not necessarily mutually exclusive, what I believe is that we NEED both! I also believe that in UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH.

There is no easy way to reach unification, the powers that be rejoice when they see us fighting one another, and not coming together. In this day and age I believe we must be both wise as a serpant and harmless as a dove. Infiltration is not new. And yet can we just sit back a hope that the time will come in our grandchildren's generation instead. I am not advocating division, I am advocating a conscious reasoning and consideration of the points upon which we can continue to build a better world. There are good and righteous people that as a result of true ignorance don't know better. There are also truly evil people in the world. And yet:

'The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.' (Numbers 14:18)

I pray for the warrior and peacemaker alike. I believe that the time is at hand for all to decide in what do they believe.

Jah Guidance and Protection upon all...

Messages In This Thread

unity
Re: unity
to: kamau
to: diyouth
Re: to: diyouth
p.s. florida sun a blaze.. hotta than yard bad bad *NM*
To diYouth and Kamau *LINK*
Re: To diYouth and Kamau
In Recife sun a blaze too!!! 36°C today (don't kno
my lord diyouth
Give JAH the Praise...always *NM*
Re: to: kamau
Everyman is a teacher , everyman is a student *NM*
You can't leff out di WOMAN...watch u speech!(ha) *NM*
I&I humble apaologies; Man Woman & Child *NM*
A MESSAGE TO DiYOUTH
MY HEART IS UPFUL!!!!!
to: livelyup
to: Sister_Soldier
sound words idren.. give thanks *NM* *NM*
Re: unity to: Sis jo
Respecting Differences & Initing by similarities!!
Re: Respecting Differences & Initing by similariti
give JAH thanks... *NM*
seen, the i is truly blessed *NM*
*I RECOMMEND THIS THREAD 4 BAGGING* *NM*
Give thanks Diyouth Everytime!!!! *NM*
what a joy 2 read d utterance.diyouth thanks
Give JAH thanks again... *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com