Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: unity to: Sis jo
In Response To: Re: unity to: Sis jo ()

Okay now we are in harmony, so to speak. I think sometimes it is hard to read what is meant to be heard? Anyway, with this I do agree. Nothing is really bad in the long run, (on a personal level). Each tribulation brings us along the road closer to where we will be tomorrow. Everything that has been painful has enriched my life. Of course I have enjoyed much. Without pain, how would we know pleasure? Truly know it? Without out loss, would we remember to appreciate what we have? Without sufferation would we be able to empathize fully? A people that knows not it's history is bound to repeat it, and is like a tree without roots.

Although, I think that loving is the gift. To really love someone is not about whether they love you back. Of course we all want what we want, when we want it.

But,

1 Corinthians 13

Love

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And...

Romans 15:1-13

1 We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2 Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. .
3 For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."
4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
6 so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.
8 For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs
9 so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written:

"Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles;

I will sing hymns to your name."
10 Again, it says,

"Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people."
11 And again,

"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,

and sing praises to him, all you peoples."
12 And again, Isaiah says,

"The Root of Jesse will spring up,

one who will arise to rule over the nations;

the Gentiles will hope in him."
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

May we continue in love, unity and hope..Selassie I

Messages In This Thread

unity
Re: unity
to: kamau
to: diyouth
Re: to: diyouth
p.s. florida sun a blaze.. hotta than yard bad bad *NM*
To diYouth and Kamau *LINK*
Re: To diYouth and Kamau
In Recife sun a blaze too!!! 36°C today (don't kno
my lord diyouth
Give JAH the Praise...always *NM*
Re: to: kamau
Everyman is a teacher , everyman is a student *NM*
You can't leff out di WOMAN...watch u speech!(ha) *NM*
I&I humble apaologies; Man Woman & Child *NM*
A MESSAGE TO DiYOUTH
MY HEART IS UPFUL!!!!!
to: livelyup
to: Sister_Soldier
Re: to: Sister_Soldier
sound words idren.. give thanks *NM* *NM*
Respecting Differences & Initing by similarities!!
Re: Respecting Differences & Initing by similariti
give JAH thanks... *NM*
seen, the i is truly blessed *NM*
*I RECOMMEND THIS THREAD 4 BAGGING* *NM*
Give thanks Diyouth Everytime!!!! *NM*
what a joy 2 read d utterance.diyouth thanks
Give JAH thanks again... *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com