HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?

I think it's best for Black people to have sexual communion with Black people. Perhaps 10,000 years from now if we live in a world of justice and equality for all "races" "genders" and "colours" then it wouldn't matter in the least what [immediate] ancestry your sexual partner (the possible mother or father of your child) is from. But definitely in this world we have been born into in these times, it is much better for Black people (define that as you will, as long as you don't include white people in it) to have sex and children with other Black people.
Speaking as the product of a so called interracial relationship who has much love for both sides of me family, and certainly wouldn't call me mudda a sell-out cos she married a white man (I know her, so I know she ain' no sellout), nor call me faada a neo-colonial crypto-rapist cos he married a Black woman (I know him, so I know he ain' no neo-colonial crypto-rapist).
However when I have youts of my own I want them to have two Black African parents.
And in my opinion that is best for Black African people in this day and age.
Certain tings my mudda taught me, no white woman, however wise and well-intentioned, could have ever taught me. However wise and well-intentioned my (white Welsh) father is, there are certain tings he just couldn't teach me, cos he wasn't equipped to know, cos he is not a Black man.
BTW as far as Madonna, some of her old songs were a bit catchy I have to admit. Everyone needs a holiday. I don't think she's really "all that" as either a musical or cultural phenomenon though. More like an earlier female eminem, if anything.
Summer is here and there are more and more Black people moving to Swansea, Wales, and anywhere Black people go, beautiful Black women are among them, so I ignore the (sometimes rather blatant) advances from the white welsh wimmins here. I might gi dem a grind on de dancefloor and ting. No shame in my game, I'll do that. But I ain't flockin with them cos they ain't entirely birds of a feather with me. Not in this day and age.

Messages In This Thread

Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?
"Half" is 50%
U equally 'proud' of yr Azteca & yr Conquistador..
Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness? *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com