HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?

Ok gman...i get the message
(lol)
this is payback for me distracting one of your posts. fair enough...

because actually this reasoning was hopefully to be a discussion on how I feel Madonna dissolved the fear of blackness instilled by white/male/supremacy/religion/conservatism and how it could be argued that she has black consciousness and let it be revealed as much as she could through "Afrikanized" music and black aesthetic without being destroyed.

I sight that within her music is hidden the message that white women (by hook or crook) "save" their children from whiteness and breed with black/"colored" (non-white) men.

Thus the irony of the name Madonna.
She bore her music (which can be considered magically/virgin inspired) to tear down the wall that had been put in place by The Church to protect whiteness. She being a wombman realized the truth about whiteness/uptightness and started a (sexual/racial) revolution.

Madonna propelled "white girl power" within the context of sexual choice IN THEIR OWN HANDS.

Madonna challenged race, gender and class norms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MY point is that
the so-called "greatest female entertainer in the world", took on the name of the so-called "greatest woman in the world" and expressed music that challenged white/male/supremacy/religion.

A Roman Catholic Italian American Female actually spit in the face of that institution, desecrated its symbolisms, belittled its dogmas and walked away towards blackness/liberation...that alone is significant enough.

"the Madonna" at the onset of Pisces
this Madonna at the onset of Aquarius

coincidental?!?!

-peace

Messages In This Thread

Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?
"Half" is 50%
U equally 'proud' of yr Azteca & yr Conquistador..
Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness? *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com