HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?

I honestly didn't mean to distract D.O.N.... I'm prolly just pre-occupied with my sex life or rather lack of one at the moment. And where I'm currently staying, it's ridiculous how dem white girlz is up on a brudda richard. Either that or they think my name is Bob Marley and I automatically must have unlimited amounts of weed to give dem.
As for Madonna, I never really thought of she in the manner you talking about, I just thought of her as a shrewd businesswoman who knew how to ride trends and generate publicity, and one in a long line of white artists attempting to appropriate Black culture.
End of the day, people free to uhmmm who they want, but to me, I don't see the idea of a whole heap of white girls chasing after Richard the Zulu Warrior, as really a positive or progressive picture.
Although I suppose from their preserve-me-genetic-inheritance point of view, it would make sense for white girlz to want darker-skinned babies. The ozone layer ain't getting any thicker.

Messages In This Thread

Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness?
"Half" is 50%
U equally 'proud' of yr Azteca & yr Conquistador..
Re: Madonna - Mother of salvation from whiteness? *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com