Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: (Eja) Power of Words
In Response To: (Eja) Power of Words ()

Honour

I will try to answer your question by adapting a previous post that I made because in that post, I touched on some of things that I think are relevent to the questing of this thread.

When we speak on the nature of words, we are examining our facility for defining existence. Therefore, it is important that we ask this question before we go further with our definitions : Which constitutes the larger entity, the known/knowable universe or the unknown/unknowable universe?

It can be proven (and has been proved) that all phenomena co-exist and affect each other through the means of exchanging energy (i.e. flow of force). This force is either a push or a pull.

Which exerts the most effective force, the known/knowable universe, or the unknown/unknowable universe?

If it is the known/knowable, then I could say that since my senses can encompass (or will in time encompass) the known/knowable universe, I can do as I please. Nothing will suprise me, therefore, nothing can harm me.

However, if the unknown/unknowable universe exerts the greater force, then I will have to accept the fact that the rules that truly govern my existence are UNKNOWN/UNKNOWABLE. I will have to accept that none of my definitions are absolute, that in fact, there might be events occuring within the spheres I have defined (e.g. sex, war etc.) that I have no knowledge of. Events which leave no footprints but have a lasting effect on what I am.

I have often suprised myself (in thought and action), and I have heard people say, "I don't know why I did/thought/said that".

Perhaps this is caused by the effects of the unknown/unknowable universe.

The most powerful weapon in the known/knowable universe is the word. Words are what bind the known/knowable to the unknown/unknowable. We do not know where the word came from. When we try to explain a word, we use another word, and this process (especially when occuring within us), will eventually bring us up against the unknowable : The word, reduced to silence.

If the word is the most powerful weapon in theknown/knowable universe, then the ones who define it's uses and the ways it is deployed will enjoy the greatest influence over events in the known/knowable universe.

In the post "Eta", I relayed a description of the Earth that states her to be nothing more than a being made up of layers of oceans, an endless flow of fluid materials, objects that we have placed in hierachies that are based on variations of form. We have acted like these variations are permanent yet, what we observe (and describe) are only a result of our specific (human) senses of perception.

We see and seek words for what we see. Yet, reality consists of a lot more than what we see. We see only what is of use to us; for example, we describe a tree as we do because we know the uses for every component of what we see. For other beings who know of other qualities and uses of what we describe as a tree, the object looks different. Trees have other components that are as prominent (some more so) than what we 'normally' see. But because these components are of no use in the reality we have organised, we are not aware of them. Therefore, we have no words for them. Words are power yes, but the power exists before the word and the power does not always bring the word (to us).

But then, if we say "word are power", are all words power?

I would say yes. The ancients thought so, which is why utterances that came from the mouth were closely guarded. Power has a dual facility : it can create and it can destroy. There are words that create and there are words that destroy. We interact at all times with both aspects of the word.

We can affirm the existence of these events with our physical as well as other senses. Mathematically, we can describe these events as additions (i.e. growth of the physical/spiritual aspect of an entity) or a subraction (retardation of the physical/spiritual aspect of an entity).

In this day and age, the ones currently identified as 'white', have monopolised the word. They have done this to the detriment of other species and, to go along with this plan is nothing less than suicide. The subractive qualities of words, in the name of 'freedumb', have been promoted over thier additive qualities.

In order that the breach is repaired, the word must be liberated from it's current prison. It is the duty of all sentient beings to re-define meanings and uses. This includes the re-definition of Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War. And, this re-definition must take into consideration the high probability that there is an unknown/unknowable universe above/below inside/outside of what we know.

Messages In This Thread

(Eja) Power of Words
Who will be the next Augur/Ausar?
Thankhs for the word/power!!! *NM*
Re: (Eja) Power of Words *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com