HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Weed Bashing Counter-attack
In Response To: Weed Bashing Counter-attack ()

Discipleofthenile
Honour

I have not bashed Ganja, nor do I see any bashing in what was posted by Ayinde or Baba Ras Marcus. What is actually been talked about is THE PEOPLE who are getting involved in smoking activities. The first line of questioning, I think, had to do with if Ganja was something that everybody could deal with. What are the effects if one who is not mentally suited to the herb partakes of it? Do the possible beneficial effects make the risks worthwhile?

So, yes, while I would agree that the use of Ganja be de-criminalised simply for the reason of removing the process of wastage called imprisonment, how would ones who are not suited to the use of Ganja be prevented from testing it? Will they have to undergo an examination before they are allowed to use the herb or, should people just chance thier luck?

I don't know your personal experiences, but the man I described in a previous post was never the same after his experience. I have also witnessed two other people had breakdowns after smoking. None of them ever returned to the mind they used to have. In other words, while they may be described as still living, there is a part of them that has died.

This may be described as one of the harmful side-effects (for which there are eight benefical effects).

Incaceration can also be described as a harmful side-effect, have you any idea how many men are locked away for life (under the third strike regime) after been found with a few leaves of Ganja? Even if the number is only twenty, do you not think that is a lot?

Death is not something that happens only when we stop breathing, to no longer be of service to ones dependants is as close to dead as one can get. And, imprisoned or mentally ill people cannot be of service to anyone. Not even to themselves.

The real issues, I think, are not about Ganja itself, it is about THE PEOPLE who use Ganja, thier reasons for doing so and thier suitability to it. And, it is also about the sense of responsibility of ones who say "Let it be free for all. Regardless." Whatever happenned to looking out for each other? How does dismissing REAL AND CURRENT dangers (imprisonment and/or mental illness) square up with this ideal?

Wisdom and Strength.

Messages In This Thread

Weed Bashing Counter-attack
Did you run Panho off?
careful what you wish for
TIME IS NOW TO MAKE SHA SHA LEGEL!
INI IS ALL PRODUCT'S OF INI I-VIREMENTS!
I DA LIGHT I CHALIS THOW!
Re: I DA LIGHT I CHALIS THOW!
roberts "legalized" .... it *LINK*
Re: roberts "legalized" .... it
LET'S LINK EVRY LINK YA HEARD!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com