HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination
In Response To: Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination ()

I asked who you were directing the quote to. You did not respond to that.

You added caps to this for emphasis.
"BUT THAT IS NO REASON WHY WE OF OURSELVES SHOULD PERPETUATE THE EVIL"

Is this directed to I or anyone else on this board?

Are you seeing discussions on Colorism as perpetuating the evil of Colorism?

Who do you see on this board perpetuating the Evil of Colorism?

If what was emphasized was for the general public and does not relate to the discussions on this board about Colorism, then you could ignore the questions.

It is my opinion that the evil of Colorism is being encouraged by the attitude of Black ones who feel it should not be discussed. It is being nourished by denial. Without rational discussions, Blacks of all shades will most likely be unconsciously acting on Color prejudices.

you are taking it personal, The quote is saying that black people what ever the shade, must stop sleeping with the children of the slave master, therefore no justification can come for diluting your race because it was forced upon you through slavery, how could Selassielive quoting this be directing anything at you personally, or anyone else for that matter.

You added caps to this for emphasis.
"BUT THAT IS NO REASON WHY WE OF OURSELVES SHOULD PERPETUATE THE EVIL" - nothing wrong with this, yes, Marcus Garvey saw it as evil for black and white to procreate, the speech says purity of race so in noway do i think Selassielive was directing this at you.

anyhow just my little bit to add.

one black love, one black heart
all blessing and all blest

KES AA ADOFO.

Messages In This Thread

Marcus Garvey on Colorism?
Skin-Deep Discrimination *LINK*
Re:after reading again
All about CONTEXT

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com