HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination
In Response To: Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination ()

You said:
"i dont have a problem with you nor anyone else discussing Colorism ..."

You are being totally dishonest here. You have been hostile and over obsessively defensive over this issue of Colorism. I am being PERSISTENT in presenting Colorism in the face of denials and distortions about it.

I am not concerned about what you, rasi, have a problem with. Just do as you usually do, try to prove what I am saying is wrong. It was not dark-skinned Blacks who set up the brown paper bag test etc. So history IS on my side.

You said:
"you can't prove that historically the majority of light skin blacks have emulated whites-so you really cant make this staement and be taken seriously in my opinion." (sic)

I said, "Light-skinned blacks emulated Whites to the detriment of dark-skinned Blacks." History bears witness that it was light-skinned Blacks who set up the brown paper bag test to exclude dark-skinned Blacks from many quarters. The fact that it was supported by many light-skinned Blacks proves my point. Similarly, a few Whites set up institutions of Racism against Blacks, while most Whites simply went along because it benefitted them. Colorism followed a similar trend though not as extreme as with Racism.

Examine the history of DC for a better picture of how Colorism was played out.

Many dark-skinned Blacks did/do emulate many destructive practices of Whites, including the false ideas that were/are perpetuated about Blackness.

Messages In This Thread

Marcus Garvey on Colorism?
Skin-Deep Discrimination *LINK*
Re:after reading again
All about CONTEXT

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com