Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Rastafari vagabonds in Zimbabwe?

You said:
“I am going to narrow it down, and focus on Zimbabwe, where I am from. Rastafarians my country generally have little to show for their 75 year-presence in this land. Most are unemployed, scrounging for a living, always complaining and blaming. Do you really think any one in his or her right mind is going to see the prospect of this holiness you speak of among a bunch of vagabonds?”

Imagine, you are on this board regularly, complaining about the difficulties in Zimbabwe. You complain about negative, discriminatory attitudes against Rastafarians. You even posted about how your “dynasty established itself through the aid of a daughter who seduced the local ruler and then did a Delilah on him. It was wrong…”

With all that hardship, and the deception in how your family got land, you have the nerve to call Rastafarians in Zimbabwe ‘vagabonds’. You are quite content to use Eurocentric, colonial, demeaning terms to describe poor people. You cannot seriously help anyone with such a snotty attitude!

With an understanding of history, and sensitivity towards oppressed people, you would know that vagabond was/is a term mostly used by elitist Whites to insult poor people. From the tone of your post you meant it as an insult.

Rastafarians who embrace Haile Selassie as divine, do not see any other aristocrat as legitimate. They do not identify and then adopt European aristocratic attitudes. They blend their beliefs with humility, knowing fully well the grassroots nature of the Rastafari Movement.

I think there is definitely more holiness among the people you consider to be vagabonds than in you.

Messages In This Thread

Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
Re: Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2much *NM*
Re: rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2
Rastafari vagabonds in Zimbabwe?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: What is shiloh?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com