Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS

Coronation Day Greetings to you.

I was trying to make sure that the brother was not proposing that we embark on some sort of Jihad to force everyone to become Rasta.

This is my feeling, that it is only through the works that we can inspire others to join us. This is what I have learnt as a young Rastafarian.

I have seen enough apathy, indolence and a lack of prudence on the part of many Rastafarians in my country to say what I said in my post. I know that Malawian Rastafarians are better organised than us. We Zimbas, well, a lot of time is speny whinging. Gatherings are for ranting and raving about whites this, whites that or the Vatican this the Vatican that. I have seen many youths drop out of school, studying "teachings" is more important than vocational skills. I am not saying that this is what every Rastafarian in Zimbabwe is doing, but I just have this feeling that as a generation, we have attained little and could do better.

The other time you mentioned a delegation to President Muluzi. To my knowledge so such attempts have been made to engage the political institutions of Zimbabwe as Rastafarians- except possibly the one time to discuss, wait for it, repatriation.

From the Malawian Rastafarians I have met, I have come to the view that self-reliance, hard work, entrepreneurship and ambition are part of your community's ethos.

From where I am looking, we Rastafarians in Zimbabwe need to get our act together before we even talk of spreading by whatever means. I have dwelt on this subject at length on my website ( which is still to be up, I am not happy with the front page)But instead of just harping on about it, I have also tried to examine some of the causes, they stem from the socio-economic history of Zimbabwe in general. I have also offered solutions, but they are just words if people still want to just sit and smoke and "reason".

Messages In This Thread

Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2much *NM*
Re: rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2
Rastafari vagabonds in Zimbabwe?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: What is shiloh?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com