Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?

Hotep

I think my original post was unclear. I don't mean that any particular sect of Rasta (Nyahbingi, 12 Tribes, etc) should be practiced by every single Afrikan person in the world. I meant that we must all make the spiritual return to our roots and learn to live a natural life where we are free to be our Afrikan selves. People don't have to call themselves Rastas, but what will help us most is an embracing of our heritage and understanding that we already had a religion and a culture with our own Afrikan values before we were all dispersed throughout the diaspora. I did not mean to imply that everyone should subscribe to any particular Rasta sect. I simply meant to use the Rasta as a symbol of a natural child of Jah, which is what we all are. More Black people need to know this and stop the madness in our communities.
As for Rastas being "vagabonds" in Afrika, that has not been my experience. There are Rastas in Tanzania who own lots of property and work in international business, as well as Rastas who are farmers and live a more simple life.

Messages In This Thread

Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
Re: Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2much *NM*
Re: rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2
Rastafari vagabonds in Zimbabwe?
Re: What is shiloh?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com