HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS

How do you suppose Rastafarianism must spread to all Afrikans? Surely, you must be aware that some are Ancestralists, some are Christians- Catholics, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Anglican etc, others are Muslim. Some of them are in to the new religions, Scientology, Eckankar etc. We have more Hindus than Rastafarians in any African country. So how are we going to get these people to leave the shrines, mosques, gurdwaras etc? By force? By bribery and prestige.

I am going to narrow it down, and focus on Zimbabwe, where I am from. Rastafarians my country generally have little to show for their 75 year-presence in this land. Most are unemployed, scrounging for a living, always complaining and blaming. Do you really think any one in his or her right mind is going to see the prospect of this holiness you speak of among a bunch of vagabonds?

And what is this about hiphop? You seem to have an exagerrated opinion of the influence of hiphop on Africa. Snoop Dogg tells his African co-pilot not to play what sounded to me like "that Zimbabwe sh**" in the movie Soul Plane. But guess what, Snoop Dogg is Black! And he has offered us an alternative perception of the Black Woman to the one my sekurus and ambuyas instilled in me, hasn't he? Yes, its the whites who run the recording industry, but who makes and buys the songs?

I think Selassielive mentioned that he is Black. It seems that you too suffer from the Shiboleth-disease, an illness of the brain that makes the sufferer believe that anyone who does not agree with him on any matter is a white person pretending to be Black.

Messages In This Thread

Rastafarianism MUST SPREAD TO ALL AFRIKANS
rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2much *NM*
Re: rasAtum: you seem to be SIMPLIFYING the issue2
Rastafari vagabonds in Zimbabwe?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: Hmm Was I Unclear?
Re: What is shiloh?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com