HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM

Bantu, I also wish you happy Kwanzaa, with much self determination, and many rivers of prosperity, in all the ventures which you are involved in, and may be involved in in the future. I am a person who have tried my best, to work with as many African liberation movements as much as I can, in order to build bridges of African solidarity, to the best of my ability. I am involved in the Kwanzaa African value system, and have been involved for many years. I do Kwanzaa presentations when ever I am called upon to do so, by schools, churches or African communities in general. I do hope that our brothers and sisters, do not make the foolish mistake, to think that Kwanzaa is a black Christmas, because it is not. Kwanzaa is an African cultural value system, which is being used, to gradually restore our people, to their original greatness, heritage, legacy, dignity and integrity. It has nothing to do with that great deception of Christmas, when Santa Claws and his cronies, continue to practice their lies, telling children that rain deers know how to fly, and that Santa is the one who bring the toys, which were really bought by parents and friends. And this deception has been going on for quite a very long time, and seems to be getting worse.

In the Kwanzaa African value system, educational gifts are sometimes shared, especially with those who have contributed to the upliftment of their African community, gifts like books, a drum, a guitar, or anything from which people can learn positive lessons, which can be helpful to our African people and their community. At a Kwanzaa assemble or celebration, it is expected that the children be brought forward so that they can participate and learn. It is also expected that the elders be there to participate, and to be introduced to the first fruit babies who were not around in the past year, at the time of Kwanzaa celebration, therefore these newly born babies, must now be introduced to their African cummunity, and be blessed by the council of elders who are presiding, so bring the elders and let them ermbrace, bring our people to this blessed place.

Off course our African drums are always a priority at our Kwanzaa celebrations, as well as an African family market place. African dashikies and African attire in general, is always the trend at a Kwanzaa celebration. A great roll call of our ancestors who are past on, is also a very honorable thing, which is done in order to be grateful, and be respectful, to those who were before us, who have built the cultural and social bridges, upon which we are all walking today. It is supposed to be, an African collective family re-union, where we take a good look, at the state and conditions or our people and community. I do hope and pray, that our people of African origin, will be able to grasp its positive contents, and move ahead in genuine unity, until we reach that great shore of Africans liberation at home and abroad.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*
Great African Leaders Are Normally Imprisoned
Link Error So....
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com