Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM

Baba Marcus

I do not include you in that comment, which might appear harsh, but which is definitely heart felt. You are about 80% of the reason I bother to come on this board because you are rational, you think out what you have to say, I learn a lot from what you have to say and pass it along to others. I know your works are being done where they are needed (SPREADING HOPE AND POSITIVITY) and you are such an asset to this board. I put up my comments because I think the board gets off point and we argue so much that we forget the goal of having better lives and enjoying our culture through our interactions with on another off of the board, so please do not take my comment as a personal attack. I guess I am so tired of us fighting each other fruitlessly, I get caught up in that arguing spirit as well, so I do apologize if that came off as unduly harsh. I just wonder what positive experiences we have had around the holiday and Kwanzaa is achieving the goal of creating traditions that Africans can share and enjoy as their own? I had so much fun at Kwanzaa I was a little taken aback by the acrimony over Karenga. I'm sure we don't know the half of where he messed up in life, but that's not the point. And yes, Kwanzaa got serious too, we talked much politics business and Pan African support. I'm broke today becasue I spent all my money with black business and donating to various causes, but can I feel good about where my money went. Some one once told me that once you reach a certain level of maturity, you learn to discuss ideas rather than people specifically. So even if many of our leaders have flaws, we must still support and acknowledge their good ideas and good works. So with that (even though I know you are practically perfect as the Dickens) I commend you Ras Marcus for talking the talk and walking the walk. Also, thank you for being such a patient and persistent moderator, becasue you help us out in returning to rationality when we really get angry and fired up in here. SO PEACE as usual, and lets keep a forward momentum with this very noble and worthy cause of African unity and upliftment.

BLESSINGS ALWAYS

Messages In This Thread

kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*
Great African Leaders Are Normally Imprisoned
Link Error So....
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com