HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Born Again Rasta?
In Response To: Re: Born Again Rasta? ()

Ites Sistren,

"Firstly I woman am in agreement dat some of de reasonings I woman haf had wit de I, haf been misleading, but not misleading in de definition of Rasta but misleading to INI wit regard to who Jesus is or is not!"

The Itation was not about that, I think that the majority of Rastafarians will agree with the I that Yesus is the Son of Jah. My response was not directly as a result of our reasonings, it is the result of a few years of observations, personal developments, reasonings and meditations.

"I woman nah cyare what ones christian or rasta seh bout identity of wha group yah follow, de important ting is fe ones to overstand dat Selassie is not Jesus Christ, nor was he a kind of christ..to say it is misleading."

I do care what people say and think and write, and I also think it is clear that the I nah sees Selassie as Jah. And so does a big portion of the movement of Rastafari! If someone's message is only "Selassie is not Jah" I think that is only half, because then I think one also has to say what one thinks hat Selassie is.

My Itation was not about "who is Yesus", my Itation was to describe the situation I know many Rastafarians are in, because some Christians only say "you can't be a Rasta and a Christian", and I know that there are people who are in confusion about this thing because they know inside that they are. I know that many sight Yesus Kristos just as the I does.

"Dat dere is no one definition of Rasta, we know dat. Unify de beliefs?? Me doubt it Iyah.. it is, wit some belief in Selassie is Jah, some belief in Selassie as Christ in him kingly character, or what haf yah.."

I'll tell you. Many sight Kristos and Selassie the same way as the i does, but sistren you are only saying some believe HIM is Jah or Yesus. That is what I am talking about, I am sorry to say. "or what haf ya", it is quite important to say what "ya have", because that part of Rastafari is saying the same as the I. So there is no "beliefs", only one believe. You can not say Rasta is a believe and Rasta believes this and that. If you do, I simply do not agree with that and that is where I write about.

I want to express my respect sistren, even though we might not agree, but I think that we do agree. My Itation was not about that Selassie is not God, my Itation was not that Kristos is the Saviour and the only begotten Son of God, my Itation is that a lot of Rastafarians have come recently to the conclusion, the same conclusion as the I made, concerning Selassie. And I think to always say that Rastafari is the believe in Selassie as God or Kristos or "what have ya" is not in accordance with the current runnings in the movement.

One Love,
Messian Dread

Messages In This Thread

Born Again Rasta?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com