Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Born Again Rasta?
In Response To: Born Again Rasta? ()

Greetings Messian Dread an give thanks fe de Itations an Reasonin..I woman would like to comment in regard to de portion of reasonin yah made here:
"Another result is the sometimes very negative response, coming mainly from Christian brethren and sistren. They have been trained (or they are training others) to see Rastafari as another religion, apart from Christianity. The word "misleading" has been put on my Itations. But when you ask, what is the misleading aspect, it is, that I am not following their definition of Rastafari. A definition, which isn't quite up-to-date with the current runnings in the movement."
Firstly I woman am in agreement dat some of de reasonings I woman haf had wit de I, haf been misleading, but not misleading in de definition of Rasta but misleading to INI wit regard to who Jesus is or is not! I woman nah cyare what ones christian or rasta seh bout identity of wha group yah follow, de important ting is fe ones to overstand dat Selassie is not Jesus Christ, nor was he a kind of christ..to say it is misleading. It is misleading in dat it clearly states in de bible who Jesus was, is, an where he was born, why he came, an wha we need to do to obtain Iternal Life. Selassie may haf been a good man, even on par wit Solomon, but Solomon, Moses, Abraham, Job, all a dem were men, not Gods, not Jesus, not coming back as anyone else Iyah an to represent dat is a lie an we all overstan who is de fadda of dat lie!! Yah see me Iyah, I wuz raised wit certain beleifs an dem beliefs wuz bringing me further from de truth..I gradually came to belief dat Jesus Christ an Haile Selassie were not one in de same but I woman took so lang fe come round to Jesus cuz I woman whanted to desparately hang onto Selassie, who some bredrin would tell I dat he is a reincarnation of Jesus, an dat seem to work fe a while. I hung onto Selassie becuz of I mistrust of de white blue eyed geezuz, an organized politricks an religions had illustrated all wha God wuz nah suppose to be bout..Whan I woman finally found de emperors words, it were freeing, but at de same time breddah, me was sooo scared. I wuz de first in I family to let Selassie go..an I still had very likkle trust in God..it took alot fe I to trust God, no imagery, jus God..now one ting here, I woman am of african italian an chinese heritage..me allways see God as I color, whether Him is or nah it nah matter, I sistah mus sight Him up wit chiney eyes since her eye is more chink den I woman..so I let go of Selassie, not as a great king of Ithiopia, but of any deity at all. And His Majestys words seh de same to me. Dat dere is no one definition of Rasta, we know dat. Unify de beliefs?? Me doubt it Iyah.. it is, wit some belief in Selassie is Jah, some belief in Selassie as Christ in him kingly character, or what haf yah..de ting is Iyah,INI been entrenched in a lie fe a lang time, specially in I case (I was Garveyite in de early 60's, an Rasta in de 70's, beliefin dat "Almighty God was a Living Man") dat once I find dat Jesus is God, an dat he came to save we, den me nah need Selassie no more..I may raspeck him for all him haf done, but me overstan dat he is a man...an if yah nah need Selassie to get Iternal life, den yah no Langer a Rasta, dat why me seh, me kulcha is Rasta, dat where me come from, but I woman is Christian in dat I woman am a follower of de one True God Jesus Christ, who haf offered me Iternal Life..Selassie was not capable of offering dat to I..I seh it is of no consequence to seh yah Rasta as gman a seh, him mom is a christian but like I woman it is INI kulcha from de Ilanz. but, as far as I salvation only one is the way de truth an de life..an dat is I Jesus..an it is misleading to seh dat Selassie is any ting adda den a man. He is not a diety atal, according to his words!! And according to de bible to belief he is, is to deny Iself of Iternal Life..
me give thanks Iyah for yah reasonin, an I am grateful fe yah website as well..Jah bless an Jesus surround de I
kaya I

Messages In This Thread

Born Again Rasta?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com