HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: leviticus, sizzla and capleton
In Response To: leviticus, sizzla and capleton ()

Irie Gman!

This is a matter that I've been giving some serious think myself lately. Not that I care too much for battymen, but I can't see why some artists are dedicating their whole music-career to talk about them, expecially talened artists like Sizzla and Capleton who suppose to be rastas.

From time to time I must confess that I like listening to songs like "Log on" with Elephant Man and "Chi-chi man" with TOK. Most dancehall artists today like Beenie, Bounty, Vegas, Ward 21 and so on seem to be having battyman on their mind all the time, it almost seem like that's the only thing they can think about. I know those type of songs are really popular in Jamaica and in other places too, but some youths that hear the lyrics might actually go out and shoot someone who they think are gay.
I know that dancehall music is a whole other story
than conscious rasta music which Sizzla and Capleton suppose to be representing, I know it would be really hard to change the lyrics of dancehall artists but those who are rastas should take more responsibility for what they say. I don't have anything against Elephant Man and the rest of them but it's like they have to proof that they ain't batty all the time, maby they ain't so sure about themselves or it's the money that rule them.
Anthony B was a good example of a rasta who's on the right path, focusing on the government and the police insted of just gays.
Maby artists like Sizzla and Capleton realese so many songs that they've run out of things to talk about in their songs.

Who started this with lyrics about battymen, was it Shabba or was it Buju or who was is?

Mosiah

Messages In This Thread

leviticus, sizzla and capleton
Solid Reasoning Star... Give Thanks *NM*
Beats and Lyrics

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com