HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: the him train interview
In Response To: Re: the him train interview ()

Greets

I have been sittin' back and observing, and am not on any side, but would like to interject here if I could. I know what you are saying Sister about Christian attempts to con-vert others to their ways (something that has literally reaked havoc on different culutres throughout the world as every one well knows!), but on the other side of it, Sis Kaya and Edmundo are doing exactly what Haile Selassie I said to do: spread the Gospel of Yshua Christos to others. That is pretty much HIM's words concerning the subject, and HIM offers no apology. It seems to me personally that there is some things that don't add up within the Rastafari Movement, such as HIM's worship of Yshua Christos, and HIM's wish that the Gospel can be spread throughout, and HIM's denial of his own divinity. Everytime ones and ones bring up these very valid points, people get in a huff, calling others babylon or roman, when we should take a serious look at these glaring facts. Shouldn't Rasta look deep into these things, Reason upon them, or should they also fall into the trap of blind faith? I also notice that when ones are speaking of Yshua Christos, others automatically bring up the race issue, comparing Christians to Rome and white-ness, when there are Africans all over the world, HIM included, who worship Yshua Christos. I am in no way supporting the con-version mission, which I have a hard time being nice to (one of my serious prejudices, that one), but it doesn't seem logical to just deny the valid questions that are being raised by those who read HIM's words and see that what he said is what he said, straight and simple. Again, I would like to say that I am on neither side of the debate due to my own personal beliefs...it was just an observation from reading the posts on all the Rasta boards, and something I feel we should Reason upon and not get offended by.

In the Spirit of Higher Reasoning,
Peace,
Jeff

Messages In This Thread

the him train interview
Re: the him train interview fe de breddah!
Matthew 16:24 *NM*
Jah Gathers His Saints Like A Thief At Night
Re: Jah Gathers His Saints Like A Thief At Night
Isaiah 54: an verse 17 *NM*
Re: Isaiah 54: an verse 17
Re: Isaiah 54: an verse 17
To Bad You Can't Overstand *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com