HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: the him train interview
In Response To: the him train interview ()

Greetings, I'm not a messin dread, but Messian Dread. I don't mess around. Maybe it was just a typo but still before confusion starts I'd like to clear that out.

Second, nuff and nuff respect for each and every True Rasta in this newsgroup, I am not here to quarrel I am here to reason and to read thoughtful posts of which I can learn much.

You first remark, I do not think it is a question in the Ethiopian Church if Christ is God or not. To seperate Christ and the Deity is not really a common thing. Selassie I made it clear that he did not want to be called God or Christ, he said that he follows Christ.

What if Selassie say he's God? He didn't!

Why did Selassie weep? Maybe HIM was sad?

Why Selassie did not walk on the red carpet in ja, I don't know.

The only person who could lead the king off the plane was a rasta, a Rasta Elder even. You are aware who he was and what he was doing while Selassie went off the plane?

You can read about these things in the article containing the interview with Abuna Yesehaq of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, by the way.

But again, I am not here to quarrel. We have our believes, when we are standing strong on a solid foundation and ground, than this is a thing that should be realized by ourselves and this should lead us to a certain peacefullness in our believe. Sometimes Rastafarians judge me for being "too Christian", other times Christians will judge and persecute me for being "too Rasta". These "judgers" so to speak are not really known to be able to have a reasoning, because when they meet someone with a different view and perspective this is an attack to their own (false) feeling of certainty. In other words, they are not so sure of themselves for various reasons, and therefore attack the other one and judge him when he's different.

But I am not into these things, and neither are most of the people I reason with. Some people believe HIM to be a part of the Divine Trinity, where others, including myself, do not believe that. We can reason over this, and share our meditations, in the end the way we share love will proven to be of much more importance. I don't think that seeing Selassie as part of the Divine Trinity is a thing shared by all Rastafarians.

With all respect, but the things you mentioned, the "weeping part" and the followed questions, are not so much influencing my believe concerning Selassie's Divinity. They point to our differences in a way that would only lead to serious quarrels, and I'm not into that.

I once read this book about Selassie, and the writer wanted to prove that Selassie could not be Divine. One of the arguments used by the writer was the communist take-over of Ethiopia and it was a paragrapg under the title "The Conquering Lion Conquered". I read it and I thought of how little use such an argument was in my view. Because it was not with love and respect. And without love and respect there can not be a good reasoning.

I am not saying that I consider you a part of what I described in my abover meditation, but nevertheless I don't want to end in a quarrel.

One Love,
Messian Dread

Messages In This Thread

the him train interview
Re: the him train interview fe de breddah!
Matthew 16:24 *NM*
Jah Gathers His Saints Like A Thief At Night
Re: Jah Gathers His Saints Like A Thief At Night
Isaiah 54: an verse 17 *NM*
Re: Isaiah 54: an verse 17
Re: Isaiah 54: an verse 17
To Bad You Can't Overstand *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com