HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Was Bob Marley Ignorant about Jah's Works?

Dearest Ras Mandingo....
Give thanks for your post. Yes, you are correct that the condition of ones body for disease to develop is key but in Omari's case it didn't hold true as one would think. This was a man who cherished every ounce of his being for many many years because of his love of RASTAFARI. In our very long marriage,as I mentioned, I never once saw him waiver from his eating habits, his natural care and love of his body even the clothing that he wore had to be only natural fibers. That's what had the medical field so stumped and why they used him as a case study. Why as healthy as he was in every other way was he dying. During his numerous hospital stays for treatment he practically had the entire hospital
at his beckon call. The head dietician of the hospital was shopping on her own time at the natural healthfood store for him because he refused to eat the hospital food. She said she learned more about food from him than she did through her education. The hospital broke many rules for him because of who he was and the fact that he would stand firm against all he felt was not right for him.
The poisoning I referred to was from a chemical " Agent Orange" used during the Vietnam War to clear away the dense jungle so as to find the "enemy" more easily. It was done by planes and he said he remember it raining down on them at that time. The Doc's figured it laid dormant in his body for 30 years or so and if he hadn't been so into his health as he was it would have taken him many years before. The mystery still lays in what activated it. We will never know.
We did try EVERY alternative we could find. Even a Bush Doctor out of Ghana. The Doc's at the hospital even helped us to find other alternatives which in most cases is unheard of but again, they were so fascinated by him and his lifestyle that they learned their medicine was not the only treatment out there. I must say that we felt the medical community went above and beyond their call of duty for him. He had no regrets of anything that was done. No fear of dying. His ONLY concern before he died was who was going to take care of me when he was gone. For this I am thankful. He touched so many lives in the hospital that when he passed and I was leaving, the chief of staff of the hospital stopped me in the hall and with tears in his eyes said it was a great honor to have met us and that we brought much joy to a very dismal place. This is a man who sees death daily. The staff said they had never seen tears flow for a patient as did when he died.The nurses would even fight over who was going to care for him. They loved his vibes, his music he listened to, his bredren who came to visit, his conversation. My point is, even though we were in the realm of "Babylon" as some put it, by our beliefs, lifestyle and mere presences, WE MADE A DIFFERENCE. Isn't that what Rastas do?
Many apologies for being so lengthy and I hope that answered your questions.

Peace......

Messages In This Thread

Was Bob Marley Ignorant about Jah's Works?
Who can Know
Re: Give thanks to all for the reasonings!!!!!!!!
Re: Give thanks to all for the reasonings!!!!!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com