Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: In the end....
In Response To: Re: In the end.... ()

livelyup asked: "...wont people end up just doing what they want regardless?

Yes, and some would believe any foolish thing, like how they supported a war in Iraq for no valid reasons.

Maybe many will not get the impact of the insult in Adam's proposition. It should be an insult to all who embrace any Black Movement. But it goes deeper than that, and I really do not expect everyone to get it. He has been associating with Black people and, I suspect from his post, children for a long time, so what he is advocating is part of how he either covertly and/or overtly relates to children as well.

The other issue is the earlier point I made about people interpreting Haile Selassie's speeches to suit their own anti-Black agendas. I am sure Ras Adam is familiar with most of Haile Selassie's speeches apart from many other things, and if that is what he gathered from them, then there is something fundamentally wrong with how some are dealing with the messages. Many Blacks, especially the dark-skinned kinky hair type, experience the system one way, and others, who are privileged in various degrees, who do not feel what some Blacks do, are certainly taking these speeches another way. For example, Ras Adam interpreted this part of Haile Selassie's speech, "…until the color of a man skin is no more significance than the color of his eyes…" as validation for his race mixing to solve racism argument. Let me again quote the actual premise that he is defending: "I think interacial relationships are a great tool to break down racism.". So it is obvious that he has been interpreting Haile Selassie's messages quite differently from many Blacks he claims to embrace.

The Selassie speeches, Marijuana, and Reggae music on their own, were not sufficient to change the core of these beliefs about racism, and how it is viewed and felt by many Blacks. This is no casual thing; this points to many issues. It is also about the fact that unsuspecting Blacks may be embracing and promoting ones who are quite aware of the ripple effect of their words and actions, to the detriment of Blacks. Let me quote him here: "i'm a beleiever in the zen ripple effect of o persons actions one butterfly in kansas' flutter causing a tsumani in fiji idea. so all we can do for sure is work on ourselves and hope to influenece a few w/ positive ideals." -Ras Adam

Maybe some do not appreciate that all the genocides started with ideas that spread with either lightening speed or the 'zen ripple effect', to use his words. So it is a matter of self-defense to expose the madness that these ideas are trying to encourage.

My views are certainly not about hating anyone, or trying to advocate that people should not make their own judgement on how they form relationships.

livelyup said: "… in the end this is the net, these are just words, and people will make up their own minds."

Some have made errors in judgement to the detriment of Blacks based on words that they received over the Internet, even through this very site.

Messages In This Thread

Ras Marcus on anti-race mixing
Re: Ras Marcus on anti-race mixing
Teach me...
Selassieilive!!! whu appnin bredren!!!
Re: Selassieilive!!! whu appnin bredren!!!
Re: Selassieilive!!! whu appnin bredren!!!
ras m on anti- race mixing
Re: ras m on anti- race mixing
ras m on anti race mixin
Re: ras m on anti race mixin
Re: ras m on anti- race mixing
Race mixing exis not only between white and black!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com