AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Can somebody please answer this?

***Brother we as a people do not have a nation. So what flag would you have suggested?***

He suggested the African liberation flag when he mentioned the Red Black and Green.

***We have been stripped of our identity. So what flag do you claim? If you say Ethiopia, even the Ethiopians have taken the lion of Judah down from their flag. So what point is there in flags?***

Do you overstand the symbolism of the colours?

***I have a question for you. When Mandela was elected as President of South Africa, what flag were the people waving then? Was it red, yellow, and green?***

Nope, and there has been little qualitiative change in the economic conditions of the masses of people in Azania/South Africa... I posted this awhile back...

Mandella was a revolutionary. But Mandella consciousely 'sold out'

The economic shituation in Azania/South Africa. for the majority African populous is largely the same as what it was before the end of official/social apartheid. The white minority is still in economic control(economic apartheid). They still control the resources and industry. Mandella consciously dropped the ball on the re-distribution of wealth, and he, as well as other members of the ANC were paid off to do so(literally with millions). The ANC is looked at now as the NAACP of Africa, They had their 'moment', but they are largely now part of the bourgeoise, and are no longer a progressive or militant organization. The PAC(Pan African Congress of Azania), which was formed in response to the ANC's betrail during the struggle against apartheid(1959) are the true uncompromising heroes. They were the ones, headed by Mangaliso Robert Sobukwe, who orgnanized the Protest against the Pass Laws, that provoked the Sharpville Massacre, the actual turning point in the anti-aprtheid struggle.

Let me give some history to explain where I am coming from. Mandella was jailed for 27 years. 18 on Robben Island. He was moved to a completely different prison(unlike other prisoners) once he agreed to 'comprimise' and 'compile' the new constitution for the country with the 'assistance and approval' of the Declerk government.

Who writes a constitution while in prison?

This is how the "coalition government of national unity" came to be. No guess as to why Mandella 'accepted' that shared nobel peace prize anymore, huh? No wonder why the 'truth and reconciliation' commission left people who should have recieved a 'rubber necklacing' walk free. I don't know what type of threat, torture, or duress Mandella was under, or if he was just plain out worn down, tired, and therfore easily bribed...but the fact remains he 'caved'.

You see, many of the former ANC members traded in the interests of their people for a voice(backed by their former enemy's money) in parlaiment. They traded in the true liberation of the Anazian people's land(economically & politically) for a comfortable position(economically and socially).

*"In 1963, the S.A. aprtheid government passed a clause which enabled it to detain people after the completion of their sentences. Sobukwe was the only person to be affected by this infamous clause, which became known as the 'Sobukwe clause'. It was renewed annually in parliament. After his release from Robben Island in 1969, Sobukwe was kept under house arrest in Kimberley until his death in 1978. In August 1977, Zephania Mothopeng, the most senior PAC leader after Sobukwe, was detained, and in December of that year, he and 17 others were put on trial for terrorism."

So Mandella is not the shining star for Pan Africanism as he portrayed to be. Usually, when the West holds someone up as a hero and promotes them as such, there is a reason(it serves their interests). There is usually a more militant hero(and movement) in history that they are trying to distract the people from identifying with. The West wants Mandella to be the focus because he allowed them to maintain economic control of Azania's resources(and therefore the Africans masses). He didn't threaten their bottom line... Money & Power.

Mandella is no Marcus Garvey(or Kwame Nkrumah), he is more like an NAACP era W.E.B. Du Bois...but even Du Bois wasn't OFICIALLY and OPENLY 'paid off.'(Du Bois was Boule' and the NAACP was funded by international bankers, hence his open disputes with Garvey... but that's another subject...)

For further information on this I would suggest reading...

The Land is Ours!-The Political Legacy Of Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe by Dr.
Motsoko Pheko

For more info on Dr.
Pheko & PAC

http://www. panafricanperspective. com/pac/index. html

I didn't just get this information from the book and internet resources, I actually have met with Dr. Pheko and other members of PAC(that were former members of the ANC) that are currently living in Azania(S.A.), many lived in exile while PAC was banned from organizing until 1990. Before my encounter with them, I always had my suspicions of why Mandella and Thabo Mbeke's father(a staunch Marxist) fell out and didn't speak for several years while they were imprisoned together. The outcome of things makes the ideological reason for their split obvious.

Messages In This Thread

Can somebody please answer this?
This may be a bit clearer
Re: This may be a bit clearer
Re: This may be a bit clearer
Re: This may be a bit clearer *LINK*
Obama has no expiereince/remember?
Re: Obama has no expiereince/remember?
WOW, word/power judie *NM*
Re: THANKS Ma,atty *NM*
Who ever said they had power?
Re: Who ever said they had power?
They Knew it
Re: They Knew it
Actually... *LINK*
Re: Actually...
Any idea WHY H.I.M. did, 'Rebel'? *NM*
Re: Actually...
You're trying too hard
Re: You're trying too hard
I can't believe we are debating this
Selassielive
Yout
The reason for the land grant
Oromo issue
A key can lock/unlock
500 years VS. 100 days?
What should we do?
Bob Marley answers this question...
Carter less dirt? Ever heard of East Timor?
word/power *NM*
The only difference b/ Obama & previous prezzies
I FEEL YOU! *NM*
Re: I FEEL YOU!
Re: I FEEL YOU!
barbershop

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com