Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: the assets would end up with the mixxed youth

You said:

“The playing field will always be unequal no matter what "race" you are, this all really started out as a class based system until the time of Bacon's rebellion where POOR blacks and whites rose up against the RICH elites(all europeans naturally), both wanting a fair shake. It was than that racism was invented, it was than that the term race was invented, it was than that all of a sudden everyone that was of some europeon origin magically became part of this "elite club", though not really.”
-------------------------------------------------
Funny, how I don’t really hear too many “whites” complaining. Why is it that the most violent and overt individual acts of racism, are perpetrated by members of the white middle and lower classes? Whose fault is it that the majority of “whites” have bought, wholly and “soul-ly” this idea of “White Privilege”, veiled in the rhetoric of the conservative elite?” Whose fault is it that they have refused to educate themselves and take responsibility for their own lives, as evidenced by the last presidential election?

You said:

“White privelege has its own limits as well.”
Pray tell, what are those limits if not self-imposed. I hope you’re not here looking for sympathy. I often question the motives of “whites” who exhibit a preference for socializing and mingling with non-whites. Could it be that they can’t hack it with their own kind so they seek out the company of non-whites to bolster their flagging self-confidence? That false sense of superiority being so difficult to maintain in the face of truth. Many of those aforementioned violent racist acts are the result of poor and middle class whites over-compensating for feelings of inadequacy. Some unearned, perceived privilege they were denied or overlooked because of the mere existence of non-whites.

You said:

“Speaking of the bus boycott, I dont think that it was those afro dollars they were after so much as that cheap labor, you have to admit black people have been doing some of the worst jobs for the lowest price in this country since they were first brought here.”

For greater accuracy how about “free labor’ The free labor that built this country and greatly enhanced the wealth of Europe. Incidentally, are you by chance implying that there has been some significant increase in the valuation of non-white labor since integration? African-Americans are still paid significantly less than European-Americans to perform the same tasks and in most cases, African-Americans have to be overqualified in order to receive any consideration for positions which are easily filled by mediocre or under qualified European-Americans. I offer as proof, the current President of the United States. I know for sure that because of integration, the African-American community has been denied the possibility of producing another Madam C.J. Walker or a Berry Gordy for that matter, and that the community of Harlem, NY will never again achieve the stature it attained during the era of segregation.

You said:
“Everything comes down to economics, and less than 1% of this planets population has control over that. Integration did more for the wealthy elite, not white people, yes the elite are white, but they are the true minority.
I still dont agree with how you generalize your statements, I am white, yet I do not see 1 single penny from black hands, I know hundreds of white people that are in the same situation, I will gladly accept any donations though if you would like to change that.
I dont expect you to agree with my take on things, and perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between both our views of how this world currently operates, but than that is why I am here, I want to see how other people view our world and our social problems.”

For your edification, if you receive a paycheck in this country you do so off the blood, sweat and tears of the non-white peoples of this world, because almost all American companies rely on the labor and raw materials from the under-developed world and its peoples. Thanks to Sam Walton and his ilk, the American manufacturing industry has gone the way of the dinosaur. In case you have missed the point of the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, its for the oil reserves of the middle east. In fact where ever there are non-white women and children dying in great numbers, you’ll find at the heart of the conflict a US wealth protectionist policy.
Your job grasshopper, should you decide to accept it is to trace the source of those pristine green-backs, you believe to be free and clear of “black hands.” Many Americans did not believe they were supporting Apartheid in South Africa, until it was revealed to them by a conscious minority. The 1% of the planet you speak of count on the selectively uninformed, self-serving, self-centered nature of most Americans to keep their wealth, safe and secure.

Messages In This Thread

Black and white mixed marriages & material assets
the assets would end up with the mixxed youth *NM*
I never knbow when some man did talk bout Zion ,
Re: Typical White Arrogance
Re: I never knbow when some man did talk bout Zion
Re: the assets would end up with the mixxed youth *LINK*
Re: Moonstomp showcase of white arrogance

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com