HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Discovering Or Uncovering Rastafari People

I Bring You Greetings From Rastafari People International, And From African People At Home And Abroad and From the Great Continent Of Mama Africa.

It is a very good thing to see, that after more than five hundred years of slave trading activities, and abandondment of African people in the western hemisphere, today Rastafari people who are African patriots, who are also African liberators abroad, are finally being honored by the Smithsonian Institute of Natural History, for their self determination in their struggle, for the liberation of African people at home and abroad, as well as the complete liberation of the Great Continent of Mama Africa, from Cape town to Cairo, and from Timbuctoo to the blessed river Nile.

We consider it a honorable act, for the Smithsonian to display on exhibition, the trials, works and tribulations of Rastafari people, for the whole world to see, in order for them to learn about the culture and honorable cause, of Rastafari people, as well as to dispel the inaccuracies, and false rumors, which have been spread about Rastafari people over the so many years.

So, we give thanks and praise that this International Educational Institution, found it prudent, to establish and display this Rastafari people’s exhibit, so that people the world over, can experience it and learn about the ways of Rastafari people. We are also hoping, that other international higher schools of learning, will follow this great example, for as it is written, the highest themselves shall establish it. We consider this day and this occasion to be a very historic day and occasion, and one that will long be remembered on the pages of Rastafari people’s history.

On exhibition is just on exhibition that is all it is, to display or put on display publicly, for people to see and form their own opinion of the given subject, or to help to correct the assumptions which some people may have assumed on their own, without having the proper knowledge of the given subject. The exhibition is a way of getting people world wide, who have never known much about the Rastafari People, to become curious and try to investigate the Rastafari Movement on their own, instead of being misled by gossip mongers, which may cause them to form the wrong opinions of Rastafari people.

The exhibit may also cause a great amount of International interest, by the way of new and genuine inquiries, relating to the true cause of the Rastafari People, and how they hope to achieve the fullfiillment of their cause, after struggling for the cause of Repatriation, Reparation, Compensation, and real Restoration, to the Continent of Mama Africa for Africans at home and abroad.

There are still many more lessons to be learned about the Rastafari people, as well as the great works of Haile I Sellassie I. Let it be made known, that Tafari Makonenn had developed a large following of people, as early as 1st of November in the year 1905, he was then only 13 years and three months of age, but it was then that his father Ras Makonenn appointed him as Dejazmatch, in the large region which was called Gara Mullata.It was on that day that he was also given a house by his father, as well as a tutor and deputy, and a chief administrator to assist Tafari, with all the work which had to be carried out from day to day. On that same day, Ras Makoneenn his father, assembled all of his workers in various category, in the great hall of assemble, and informed them in these words, all of you are my people which I have worked with and have raised up, therefore I entrust to you, with God, my son Tafari. His fate is in the hands of the Creater, but I commend him to you lest you should bear him ill will. There were much shedding of tears among the people after Ras Makonenn delivered his speach. As they wept they were saying, that the fact that Ras Makonenn made such speech, seems like a farewell occasion, as if he was aware that his time to depart from them by death was near, and they were right, since in less than six months later, on the 21st of March 1906, he died at Qullebi and was buried in the church of St. Michael which he himself founded.

Dejazmatch Tafari's mother died when he was just under two years of age, and his father died when he was just under fourteen years of age, and considering that his father was the Governmental Administrator for Emperor Menelik, as well as head of the Military, there was much sympathy for this motherless and fatherless youngman, and that sympathy grows and became great admiration, considering that he was such a very young person
but was in charge of carrying out government duties in the Empire of Ethiopia.

Now, if we use our imagination properly, then we will arrive at the realities, that Dejazmatch Tafari, had a very large following of people in the very early days of his ascention to leadership of the Ethiopian people. He had his father's officers and troops, nobles and masses of the people in general, and this was a large amount of people, considering those who were near and those who were faraway in the Empire. This following of which I am speaking about, can correctly be described as the early stages of the Ras Tafari Movement, taking place in Ethiopia as early as 1905-1906, or it can be described as the Dejazmatch Tafari Movement, considering that he was Dejazmatch at that time.

By the year 1916, according to historic records, Dejazmatch Tafari had done so well, in his governmental administration, that he was made Crown Prince of the Ethiopian Throne, with the Rank of Ras, and Regent of the Empire. So, Tafari Makonenn, was now known as Ras Tafari Makonenn, instead of Dejazmatch Tafari Makonenn. So, the Dejazmatch Tafari Makoneen Movement which started in 1905-1906, automatically became, the Ras Tafari Makonenn Movement in the year 1916. At that time, the word RASTAFARI, was not yet put together in the Island of Jamaica, and since the Coronation of Ras Tafari Makonenn did not take place until 1930 the 2nd of November, then it is clear, that it was only the Ras Tafari Movement which was in existence at that time instead of the RASTAFARI MOVEMENT.

So, from the year 1916 to the year 1930, Ras Tafari Makonenn increased his following, as a result of the many dramatic circumstances, which he had to go through, as a young governmental leader of the Empire of Ethiopia, and as his wisefullness increased, the time for him to take on greater responsibilties came along, with the passing of Empress Zawditu on the 2nd of April 1930, then on the 3rd of April 1930, Ras Tafari Makonenn was proclaimed Emperor of Ethiopia assummed the Ethiopian Throne. Considering that under the administration of Ras Tafari Makonenn many diplomatic relationships were established with many foriegn Countries, the Coronation was delayed for seven months, in order to make proper preparations to invite various Foriegn governments to send representatives. Therefore for that seven months of planning, interst and curiousity were bubbling around Ras Tafari Makonenn, which cause his following to further increased world wide, including the Island of Jamaica. Since by then Marcus Garvey was already telling his people, about this great black King who was expected to be crowned. So, by the time the Cornation took place, the over flowing of the following of Ras Tafari Makonenn spread to Jamaica, and then became the RASTAFARI MOVEMENT. The point which I am trying to make here, is the Ras Tafari Makonenn, had a large following of African people in Mama Africa, before the R5ASTAFARI MOVEMENT started in the Island of Jamaica literally speaking.

Finally, it is noticeable, that the word discovery, has become a problem to many people who consider themselves to be Rastafari people, simple because he word was used in relation to the invader Christopher Columbus, I do think that it is unfair for that word to be given to Columbus as his own personal property, because it was used in relation to his invasions. The word discover can be used in many context, If I hide something in my yard, and in searching my yard you find it, it is the same as discovering it, it is discovery for you, because you did not know that I had hidden the oranges there, although I knew that all along. When we do not know some thing and we get to know it for the first time, then we discover it, but it does not mean that we are the first person to know of it, or to have seen it. So, I would not worry much about the word discover, for to discover means to uncover Dis and cover put together becomes dis-cover, not much to worryn about. Have a blessed day and try to learn as much as you can, asoulive from day today.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

Discovering Or Uncovering Rastafari People
Re: Discovering Or Uncovering Rastafari People *LINK*
Dr. Jake Homiak bio *LINK*
Ras Marcus
Re: Ras Marcus
Elders in attendance
The Exhibition Was Well Attended
Re: The Exhibition Was Well Attended *LINK*
Re: The Exhibition Was Well Attended
Everything Wqs Just Ilaful Give Iyanks And Iyasies
There Will Be Endless Exhibits As The Years Go By
Re: There Will Be Endless Exhibits As The Years Go
Re: There Will Be Endless Exhibits As The Years Go
Re: Discovering Or Uncovering Rastafari People
Inity, Ras Steven, Ermias, and Bongo Solo
Re: Inity, Ras Steven, Ermias, and Bongo Solo
Re: Inity, Ras Steven, Ermias, and Bongo Solo
His Majesty Shook The Hearts Of Earthly Rulers
Re: Smithsonian Exhibit
The Exhibit Was Suppose To Focus On HisMajesty
Re: The Exhibit Was Suppose To Focus On HisMajesty *LINK*
Re: The Exhibit Was Suppose To Focus On HisMajesty
Whatever Is Done By Creator Is Well Done
Re: Whatever Is Done By Creator Is Well Done
well said: hypocrit master and hypocrit puppet *NM*
Re: well said: hypocrit master and hypocrit puppet
What is your intention? Your tone is disrespect *NM*
Well said Ras...I-spect! *NM*
Disciple *LINK*
You have Made Your Attitude To Be Your Enemy
Humble Standing Is A Great State Of Mind
Re: You have Made Your Attitude To Be Your Enemy
I have never Been To Egypt ?
Re: I have never Been To Egypt ?
Re: I have never Been To Egypt ?
Re: Whatever Is Done By Creator Is Well Done
Woman is the Mother Of All People
Re: Woman is the Mother Of All People
The Creator Is In Charge Of Everything. t
Re: The Creator Is In Charge Of Everything. t
Re: The Creator Is In Charge Of Everything. t *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com