Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

ELDERS SHOULD NOT SABOTAGE RASTAFARI REPARATIONS

Greetings and Rastafari Blessings,

HIM Haile Selassie I said: "A nation can make rapid economic growth only when it makes use of foreign economic and technical aid and, if the people make every effort towards the proper exploitation of their natural resources."

Question: How has the Rastafari Nation been able to secure foreign economic and technical aid?

On the Eve of the Ethiopian Millennium, Some Governments of the Earth are making a big to-do about the so-called 200 year abolition of the Criminal Atlantic forced displacement and enslavement of I&I from Africa to the west in the MAAFA - the Afrikan Holocaust.

While these governments are paying lipservice and mis-educating the world about what really happened, where is the Rastafari Nation at these world events and at these world forums to give the Judgment sound and wordsoundpower?

Some of the governments SAY that they want to do something to repair the damage that is a coninuing legacy of the Criminal Trans Atlantic forced displacement and enslavement.

I&I don't expect them to come up with the solutions needed for I&I Afrikan people. So that is why Pan Africanists from around the world are gathering in Barbados at the end of August for the Bicentennial Global Dialogue on the Slave Trade, Reconciliation and Social Justice, where it is expected that certain governments will make good on their pledge to finance ten projects i.e, begin Reparations payments. Included among these Pan Africanists are Lord Anthony Gifford, Dr. Abdul- Raheem Tajudeen, Professor Leonard Jeffries, just to name a few of the more than thrity Pan African professors, activits, and other personas that will be addressings Government officials, AU, EU, and OAS officials, and various banking institutions. Included among the panelists and invited guests are fifteen Rastafari sons and dawtas that have made very significant contributions to the Rastafari Movement over the last thirty years, both Elders and Youth.

This is as it should be since the Rastafari Movement has been in the forefront of demanding REPARATIONS and REPATRIATION over the last fifty years!!!

What I notice now is that certain Elders in the Rastafari Movement are beginning to speak about this event and posting messages on the internent. Without naming names, these Elders give the impression/express concern that the Rastafari people who will be attending the event may be "chasing after the money," and that they "certainly will soften [their] stance in the struggle, in order to be paid to do what you are paid to do, by those who were given the money to buy the minds of our people. True dignify Rastafari people, will not reduce them selves to follow after any money which was established to bribe our people, but will instead stand up for their original cause, and if any money is offered to them, this money will have to follow them straight into the collective community, to be used for community advancement, and not for individual selfish gains."

The Rastafari sons and dawtas listed on the Barbados program are:

Ras Iral
Dr. Ikael Tafari
Ras Frank I Tafari
Sister Ijahnya Christian
Mama Farika Birhan
Mutabaruka
Sister Yaa Ashentewaa
Ras Miguel Lorne
Ras Kofi Akobi
Ras Kasate Birhan
Ras Iley
Sister Asheba
Ras Sekou Tafari
Bunny Wailer
Ras Nathaniel

WHY the vibes? Why the assumption that those RASTAFARI participating in the REPARATIONS events are not TRUE dignify Rastafari people? WHY THE LECTURE AS IF THE RASTAFARI PEOPLE DON'T OVERSTAND THE REPARATIONS ISSUE?

HIM Haile Selassie I said, "A country that has a plan is aware of its requirements."

Some very serious planning has been done be members of this group who are now able to articulates some of I&I REPATRIATION logistical requirements.

These Elders who are expressing their concerns have not participated in the work that was done by certain individuals and networks to come up with a real plan/proposal to make use of any Reparations and Repatriation funds available to the Rastafari Nation, now all of a sudden, as soon as the prospect of money and Reparations is being offered on the Eve of the Millennium as a blessing to I&I by the Grace of HIM Haile Selassie I, are starting the divide and conquer plan of Willie Lynch -- i.e. Rasta chasing money vs. True dignify Rastafari People . . . . . This kind of reasoning is truly revealing . . . . How some people are watching what other people are doing and are getting worried ahead of time about the integrity of the Rastafari People that have sown their seeds and are preparing for the harvest, and what they might do with the harvest. More Willlie-Lynch crab in the barrel syndrome. There is an erroneous assumption/suspicion that the Rastafari people involved in Barbados and other events are "chasing money" instead of bringing the solutions and demanding JUSTICE. Why? Why this distrust, the subtle questioning of the integrity of the team of 15 Rasses who are going to the negotiationg table to get initial Reparation payments paid directly to the Rastafari Nation in order to implement a very real Reaptriation Program at the start of the Ethiopian Millennium?

These Elders were repeatedly invited into the planning process that was started five years ago, and they did not participate, producing no specific contribution to the Ethiopian Millennium Repatriation Proposal Five Year Plan based on HIM Haile Selassie I April 14, 1961 Proclamation. The Rastafari Nation should give thanks that the difficult work has borne fruit nonetheless and that HIM Haile Selassie I has opened doors for I&I.

Remember, HIM Haile Selassie I said,

"As generations come and go, those assuming responsibility for the period do not cease to try and improve on the past in order to meet newly arising demands."

It is amazing that these same Elders are not prepared to go to Barbados and other such events and confront the very governments who are responsible for Reparations and talk their talk directly to the guilty nations. I&I say REPATRIATION IS A MUST but then get suspiscious when I&I actually go to collect the Reparations . . . . ?????

Let the Elders show support and sow seeds of goodwill as opposed to doubt for those Rastafari servants who have assumed responsibility for the period and are prepared to sit at the table with these nations and institutions and show the solutions to be implemented over the next five years.

TRUST in HIM HAILE SELASSIE I teachings that "A qualified man with vision, unmoved by daily selfish interests, will be led to right decisions by his conscience." All fifteen of the Rastafari sons and dawtas participating in Barbados are qualified to tell the governments and institutions what they must do with the money they SAY they have pledged to fund ten projects. I&I have worked hard to combine all the actual, ongoing Rastafari Repatriation projects in Africa into one single proposal representing I&I. Why should not Reparations money go to I&I to implement such a proposal that would provide preparation, transportation, housing and project money directly to I&I with no strings attatched, which is a condition of the proposal.

We are well aware that HIM Haile Selassie I has said, "We cannot rely soley on international morality." Nevertheless, HIM Haile Selassie I also said,

"A nation can make rapid economic growth only when it makes use of foreign economic and technical aid and, if the people make every effort towards the proper exploitation of their natural resources"

and

"aid must come without strings"

and

"We have received economic aid and technical assistance from both West and East without in any way compromising our independence in passing judgment on issues . . . . "

and

"It is our desire to see a much larger number of our young people benefitting from the resources we have our own and have received as aid from abroad . . . ."

and

"The billions of dollars which are now wasted on this fruitless effort could with great benefit, be diverted into the constructive channels of aid for the economic growth of under-developed countries."

and

"Planning is indispensable for the rational utilization of both a nation's resources and foreign aid or loans."

and

"It is quite true that a country can achieve material progress alone. However, we know from the experiences of the past that internaltional cooperation tends to quicken the pace for progress of individual countries."

So I&I see ample encouragment from HIM Haile Selassie I to use foreign aid, that is, REPARATIONS with no strings attached, to quicken I&I national ivelopment, and implement national programmes and Repatriation programs. I&I won't be able to secure at one time all the reparations due to I&I for the 571 years of the MAAFA and continuing legacy, nor finance and implement every Rastafari program. I&I will have to prioritize.

I&I don't see where the Elders who have been casting doubt around Rastafari participations in global events have an alternative plan with providing I&I with, say, US $10 million for year 1 to finance I&I proposal seen?

Input from these Elders and their communities were called for for over five years; there were fifteen weeks of national teleconferencing, several public programmes, etc for all I&I to make positve contributions to the proposals. So for those that didn't participate, don't create vibes now on the Eve of the Ethiopian Millennium and Repatriation Negotiations. Just pray for I&I success, and if there are concerns or doubts or anything like that, why not contact I&I directly instead of spread those kinds of vibes. Don't the I want to see I&I Ivelop an Ethiopian Millennium Repatriation Program and shouldn't REPARATIONS fund it? Has the I read I&I proposal? Do you have a better, alternative proposal to submit? If so, I&I look forward to seeing the I there along with all the Rastafari sons and dawtas.

Most Raspectfully,
Ras Nathaniel

Messages In This Thread

Rastafari People Should Not Follow The Money
Re: Rastafari People Should Not Follow The Money
That Peace And Love Approach Is the Rastafari Way
Re: Rastafari People Should Not Follow The Money
ELDERS SHOULD NOT SABOTAGE RASTAFARI REPARATIONS
Re: ELDERS SHOULD NOT SABOTAGE RASTAFARI REPARATIO
The moeny Is The Servant Not The Master
PLANNIG HIS WHAT HIM TEACHES
I SeeYou Like To Cultivate Assumptions, i
I See You Don't Like to Reason on R&R Logistics
The Lamentations Of Mother Earth Is a Classic
Re: The Lamentations Of Mother Earth Is a Classic
Excuse I interruption...
If You Think His DVD Is Good, ,Let It Be Included

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com