HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ican"t belive !!!
In Response To: Re: Ican"t belive !!! ()

Honour

Also, not everybody is honest about the implications of skin tone. Maybe not everybody notices the advantages of a light skin. These advantages vary (depending on particular environment) but, in the long run, even the most trivial can bring about long-lasting damage.

An example of this would be from my own community where, light skin is regarded by some (not ALL) as a sign of beauty, so you have grown men and women using bleaching materials (what we used to call 'yellow fever'). It has been proved that these bleaching materials are toxic, that they can actually lessen a person's quality of life, yet people still use them because the risks they hear of do not match the advantages they think they will get once they turn 'yellow'.

Is it not better that we keep trying to discredit the state of mind that makes people vunerable this type of mental disorder?

Also, some of the ways light-skinned ones seek to kill the topic resembles the ways 'whites' who claim to be 'enlightened' try to kill talk on racism. They use the same syntax, the "time has come to disregard skin colour" or "Black is only a state of mind" or "Haile Selassie says 'until...' ". We don't take that talk from a 'white' because we know they have no idea what they are talking about, why should ones who have never lived in the skin of a Black African be allowed to dictate an agenda of what topics are permisible when it comes to talking about life in that skin?

Finally, it should be noted that the ones most heavily impacted upon by colourism are females with dark complexion. I would like to SEE a conscious African woman with dark skin say "talk about skin tone is irrelevant.."

It would be a fine day when ALL dark skin African women can talk like that. It would mean that the world of humans has finally regained it's sanity.

Messages In This Thread

Ican"t belive !!!
irrelevant trash talk
Re: irrelevant trash talk
Re: irrelevant trash talk
thank you *NM*
Re: Ican"t belive !!! *LINK*
Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi.... *NM*
Ras Shawn
To Freespirit
Re: Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi....
Re: Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi....
off-topic: innate qualities
Re: off-topic: innate qualities
Re: off-topic: innate qualities
Thanks Eja. My mistake. Hotep *NM*
Re: Ican"t belive !!! *LINK*
are you a monkey's uncle or is the monkey your unc
i heard it before....
those here who they perceive to be dark-skin

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com