HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ican"t belive !!! *LINK*
In Response To: Re: Ican"t belive !!! ()

Greetings mimi

I may be paranoid (forgive me if I read your message wrong), but there was a comment in your post would could have been targeted at me.

> "They use the same syntax......"Haile Selassie says 'until...' "

And you defined "they" as "light-skinned ones....[who] seek to kill the topic"

In one of my posts on the topic I did say, "That until the............", hence my paranoia.

For the record then:

1. I have never tried to kill the topic. Read my posts carefully.

2. I am not a "light skinned one", no matter how that term is defined.

(As I said at the top of this message, please forgive me Mimi if your comments were not directed at me.)

----

My 2 pence/cents worth;

What is the message InI (we) as conscious RASTA PEOPLE want to pass onto the next generation on the subject of colourism??? (please remember that question)

In my humble opinion, many BLACK PEOPLE (especially in the USA) know;

1. that some lighter skin blacks find more favour in the eyes of some white people than darker skinned blacks.

2. that some lighter skinned blacks take full advantage of this preference at the expense of the freedom and justice of the darker skinned blacks.

3. that this inequality has rightfully and unsurprisingly resulted in darker skinned blacks to feel angered by this inequality.

4. that this inequality has also resulted in some darker skinned blacks to feel confused and insecure about their own dark skinned identity.

5. that some (most) of the anger from this injustice has been directed at white people, and more specifically, at the racist system that continues to allow this white & light skinned privilege to prevail.

6. that some of this anger has been directed at lighter skinned blacks for them not fighting this inequality stronger, and has bred some resentment and fracturing of dark skinned/light skinned relations.

----

What is the message InI (we) as conscious RASTA PEOPLE want to pass onto the next generation on the subject of colourism???

In response to the above Overstanding, in my humble opinion, InI (we) as ‘awake’ RASTAFARI PEOPLE know;

1. that the above points of 1-6 was (and is) all a part of the plan by the white racist oppressor has to divide and conquer African people, to enable them (the oppressor) to take control, (aka Willy Lynch system)

2. That Inity amongst African people is the only way to conquer the oppressor’s plan.

That is in my humble opinion.

----

What is the message InI (we) as conscious RASTA PEOPLE want to pass onto the next generation on the subject of colourism???

As RASTAFARI PEOPLE InI follow the teachings of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I. Kings of Kings, Lords of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of Himself, Light of this World.

It is therefore with NO APOLOGY that I quote:

“That until the…..”

Taken from His Majesty’s speech, “What life has taught me on the question of racial discrimination I like share with those who want to learn” (Tuesday, April 28th, 1964, California.). In that speech every paragraph starts with that beginning, (or variant of) "That until the...."

Take any paragraph from that speech and apply it to this topic and His Majesty’s teachings will always stand firm.

The message His Majesty was spreading in that speech was not only directed at white people, but to us black people also.

Absolutely the issue of colourism is important and should not be ignored or side-lined, ever. As Leslie said in the ‘A Girl Like Me' isn't what they want’ thread, “it is fundamental in understanding why the so-called Black Revolution is at a standstill.”

---

“That until the…..”

No apology.

For these few words I Give Thanks to JAH Rastafari Selassie I.

Ras Shawn Naphtali

Messages In This Thread

Ican"t belive !!!
Re: Ican"t belive !!!
irrelevant trash talk
Re: irrelevant trash talk
Re: irrelevant trash talk
thank you *NM*
Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi.... *NM*
Ras Shawn
To Freespirit
Re: Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi....
Re: Correction: My message was to Eja not Mimi....
off-topic: innate qualities
Re: off-topic: innate qualities
Re: off-topic: innate qualities
Thanks Eja. My mistake. Hotep *NM*
are you a monkey's uncle or is the monkey your unc
i heard it before....
those here who they perceive to be dark-skin

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com