HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*

You said: "The sort of people who come in to Britain are young men and women mostly of middle-class background. They only become refugees because the immigration lawyers are telling them that that is the only way to not only stay in the country but also get benefits like housing etc. For at least £1000, one get refugee status."

This is not the impression the Eurocentric media wanted us to get. They wanted us to believe that persecuted Zimbabweans were fleeing Zimbabwe for Europe. We knew that was false.

You said: "Let us refrain from playing the part of Squealer in the matter of Zimbabwe. Having to leave our country was a painful choice to make. For me in particular, as I had to make it only when I had left it. We are doing the best we can to make sure that our families survive the economic ruin that has ravaged our land. We send over equipment, so that some people can begin projects. Granted, some are turning to fraud etc, but this is Babylon, and it is hard to stay clean in this very seat of every form of filth. Only Rastafari has kept me sane."

I would not doubt that some Zimbabweans were doing this, but I DOUBT this is what YOU are about.

You said on an earlier thread:
"My father possess a large tract of land. Up to now, it has not been utilised, again because he was not running it on sound business principles. My mother has come in to possession of it, and called upon me to help. I have insisted that she will not see a cent of mine until she is ready to run it like a proper business. And she could become a very rich woman if she did."

I responded on another thread with:
As with every major change there will be turmoil, and those who reside abroad can send some funds home to help out their families while the government gets their house in order or are removed from office.

From your statements I can deduce that you are also trying to make money in Britain, not to send money back to your family, but in the hope of going back to Zimbabwe to live like a lord. I discerned the last part from your quote, "Erstwhile, the image of the Zimbabwean was that of a person who worked hard and saved up with the dream of returning home to live like a lord. Many of us are doing just that."

Your two responses have not invalidated the cautionary analysis in the first article, which you called "load of hogwash". I am dealing specifically with the fact that if Zimbabweans are trying to enter Britain as refugees, it would bolster their case to make anti-Mugabe claims. This is the pattern as I explained earlier. It will be a stretch to convince I that they are not knowingly or unwittingly playing into British propaganda and support for the British backed MDC, especially while claiming refugee status.

My motives are very clear in dealing with this Zimbabwe issue. I support taking lands that Whites initially stole and returning them to Blacks. This has an international appeal and is in the interest of Blacks everywhere. I support exposing the history behind the land issues, and other sides of the Zimbabwe argument that the majority of Eurocentric media in and out of Zimbabwe deliberately do not share. You did not present the history of the land dispute on this board, and you omitted many key points, including the drought in Zimbabwe and the sanctions that followed, which contributed to the present economic hardships in Zimbabwe.

Apart from addressing aspects of the issues in Zimbabwe that I find relevant to Africans in general, I will not casually trust statements coming from Zimbabweans on either side of the political divide, not even those in Britain, and that includes you. You have your personal economic agenda, together with some strange complexes that show your bias in favour of elitism, once it includes you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ouotes also taken from these links:

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41879

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41580

Messages In This Thread

UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*
Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com