HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy

Well maybe if Zimbabwe had oil the US and Europe would have invaded already, but the fact remains that Zimbabweans are still looking for help from European/American powers. It is here I feel that Diaspora Africans should be in favour of Africans working out their own issues. It is one thing to look to other African nations and Pro-African groups for support, and quite another to be lobbying those who do not share an interest in the development of Africans.

You said: "Zimbabweans accros the political divide have made it clear that a US or UK intervention would be regarded as an invasion of our country and would be resisted."

These are not the signals that are coming from the opposition party MDC, they are sending signals they would welcome a European/American intervention/invasion. This is not being challenged by the white controlled Zimbabwe media. The media sources that you post from have never sent a message claiming that this intervention is unwelcome. So I do not believe what you are saying here is true.

You said: "The way I see it, Blacks in the West are of little consequence in the Zimbabwe issue. Only Zimbabweans can deal with it."

Of course, that is the way you see it. I have a feeling you are using 'Zimbabwe' here. I feel you really want to say "Blacks in the West are of little consequence". In time we will see where you go.

You said: "What I do resent is the kind of rubbish, distortions and misconstruction of facts that circulate within not just the Western media but also the so-called Black and Pan-Afrikan media."

You are part of those who present rubbish, distortions and misconstruction of facts. You did not join this board and challenge anything on the site. Those on the board were not even engaging a debate about Zimbabwe. You appeared posting the same anti-Mugabe propaganda that the white media was presenting. You did not give the historical context of the land dispute, and you did not expose the motives behind the critics. So here I feel you are projecting blame because, for the most part, you have been unsuccessful in your anti-Mugabe campaign.

Also, you may not want to admit it, but you are NOW adopting a different approach, "Only Zimbabweans can deal with it", following the exchange on this thread, where it was successfully shown that even those who appear as victims fleeing persecution in Zimbabwe are lying. We who are outside of Zimbabwe should be very careful about giving assistance.

That is why I take the position of addressing what I feel is in the best interest of the whole African Diaspora. Like everywhere else, even Africans on the continent have a lot to learn about being Diaspora Africans/Pan-Africans.

Messages In This Thread

UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*
Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*
Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com