HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy

The people who move to the UK are mostly not refugees, not political refugees. The suffering masses who get beaten up and terrorised by the Mugabe regime do not have the money to come over here. It used to take months to get a passport in Zimbabwe, must take years now given that more people need them.

The sort of people who come in to Britain are young men and women mostly of middle-class background. They only become refugees because the immigration lawyers are telling them that that is the only way to not only stay in the country but also get benefits like housing etc. For at least £1000, one get refugee status.

Such scams have been uncovered, one involving a ZANU PF official with UK business interests. This is why focus is now on Zimbabweans who are quite clearly becoming international fraudsters. The UK government cannot send them all back, there are so many loopholes in the whole thing.

The reason why a lot of noise is being made back home is that the Mugabe regime needs to keep up its cheap image of a nationalist government beleagured by the West. The idea that Zimbabweans are being trained en masse here to destabilise their own country is just laughable, except to anyone far removed from the situation and acting on their emotions and what has been printed by a paper whose own reporters cannot stomach what the editors do to their stories. Why would we want to destabilise our own country, when all of us long to go back?

If anyone has destabilised Zimbabwe, it's Bob and his bunch.

It must also be noted that the UK is not the only place where the welcome mat is wearing thin for us Zimbas. Botswana, where some have formed armed gangs, has also plans to send them packing. Would you then buy the idea that Gaberone is hatching a plot to destablise Zimbabwe and has been training thousands of Zimbabweans?

Let us refrain from playing the part of Squealer in the matter of Zimbabwe. Having to leave our country was a painful choice to make. For me in particular, as I had to make it only when I had left it. We are doing the best we can to make sure that our families survive the economic ruin that has ravaged our land. We send over equipment, so that some people can begin projects. Granted, some are turning to fraud etc, but this is Babylon, and it is hard to stay clean in this very seat of every form of filth. Only Rastafari has kept me sane.

When Zimbabwean government officials come over, they live in plush hotels, shop at Harrods and dish out the equivalent of a month's salary in a single tip. They also get medical treatment, and blood transfusions- to delay the onset of AIDS. Then they go back to a country where everything is falling apart and talk so much rubbish.

And someone in America or somewhere picks it up and proclaims it to be gospel truth.

You know what, brother Ayinde, when I go back to Zimbabwe, I would like you to visit me. I will take you around, show you everything. Introduce you to people I know in various levels of the regime, the opposition, and ordinary people. At least next time, when you talk about Zimbabwe, you will actually know what it is you are talking about.

Messages In This Thread

UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*
Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*
Re: UK deportations of Zimbabweans, a ploy *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com