HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: How the EOC sights Rastafari

exactly , how i&i got it ina mi mind , so clear , still there are problems for ones to see ...
FATHER / SON / HOLY SPIRIT ( emglish words )

HAILE SELASSIE ( amaric words )

from mi personal experience i wanted to say that , of course there is a different teological stance on certain matters , being the most important that rastas see SELASSIE I as the ALLMighty . But still Abuna , Priests and ethiopian people are well aware of rastas , and what they think and Who they hail as Jah .
And still they respect and love one and ones , without nor fight the faith neither tryin to convert .....all a dem have in Higher esteem the Emperor , and i should seh dat some hold a particular vibe on HIM .
Of course dem cannot go professing what there might be in them mind , cause they attend strictly to the rityuals / codes /discipline and laws of Ortodox Christianity .
As in regard of baptism , i think that there is a likkle problem dat often goes silent ....i&i mean , for the Abuna , is maybe intending that one should avoid to hail RasTafari as the ALLMighty , but not saying it . As the brother tell us , they baptise in the name of the Father /the Son and the Holy Ghost , which we know and dem know is Haile Selassie , but maybe due even to language difference and difficulties in speakin , there is no explication of the faith , since one who wanna be baptise in that church is assumed to know , neither a great teological reasoning ......but that is still from mi experience .

i&i have never heard Abuna or Deacon or Priest talkin to rastas brethen or sistren tellin them to renounce or denounce . Dem allready know and them well happy to receive the brethens .

my 2 cents ,

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

How the EOC sights Rastafari *LINK*
the babylon system is .....the vampire. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com