HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Truth & Reconcilliation
In Response To: Re: Truth & Reconcilliation ()

That was not directly in reply to me, but I have chosen to reply:

I would like to know what and how many “triumphs in Africa” can be found on CNN, if not at least being centred around the West’s usual paternalistic attitudes, i.e. (yet again) involving non-Africans helping Afrikans. Watch carefully, and you will see!

Please see the post on this link: http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/?board=books;action=display;num=1081113025

Speaking only for myself, I can say it is not for me to judge whether someone who goes to Afrika to work in the Aid industry does that with or without an honest mind, but I know I have the right to simply state that some -- if not most -- of those that do so apparently don’t know for whom/what they are really working. It may be out of naïveté. It may be for The Church, IMF, World Bank or some NGO, but I think at least some Afrikans now realise that these groups usually work in Afrika with strings attached.

Have you ever seen on CNN any documentary relating to any one of the many artificial little wars financed and created by the West in Afrika, for example… (in that very context)? Any mention of the many destabilizing tactics employed by the West in Afrika? How come they expect us to believe them in South Afrika when, barely 20 years ago, the ANC was a “terrorist” organisation and Mandela himself a “terrorist” and a “commie”? Don’t you even know that many Western governments, save for a few in Scandinavia, were always against Mandela’s release from prison, and therefore against the demise of Apartheid?

I, as an Afrikan child who saw the fabrication of human hell, born & growing up in Afrika, losing many relatives in that process, can never trust all that “sweet talk” just too soon … As Mugabe once said in a speech:

“The rule of law, democracy and governance are values that we cherish because we fought for them against the very same people who, today, seek to preach them to us. The empowerment of the poor cannot take place in circumstances where democratic national sovereignties are assaulted and demonised on a daily basis. The poor should be able to use their sovereignty to fight poverty and preserve their heritage in their corner of the earth, without interference!"

You ask “… how many of us would risk our lives to assist someone of a different race?”, but I ask you: How many of you would risk your precious lives to even assist someone of the same race as you?!! All we see here is people saying the West does this or that, but we don’t see enough Afrikans standing up to point out the many wrongs committed in Afrika by the West: i.e. by whites!!

Regards!

Messages In This Thread

Truth & Reconcilliation *LINK*
Amy Biehl ...
Re: bless sistren.seen *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com