HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Truth & Reconcilliation
In Response To: Truth & Reconcilliation *LINK* ()

People on this board have not been advocating that if a white person is in immediate danger, we should let them die because they are white (just in case this was implied elsewhere on this thread).

I have stated, and demonstrated, that Blacks CAN work with whites. I have a working relationship with some whites, even on this board. I know this disturbs some people, although these whites rarely debate here now, as their efforts are supposed to be about informing themselves and other whites, and not trying to tell Blacks how to be.

I would not support or encourage whites to go into black communities to try to 'save' Blacks. I am sure there are Blacks with greater levels of awareness than Amy who were/are already doing much in their communities. Many need resources and other technical support that whites could supply if they want to help. We can do without whites playing heroes in black communities.

Amy was privileged and had a choice, but many Blacks do not have a choice. So while I could see her as a brave person who wanted to make a difference, I can also see how naïve she was. No one should expect all enraged Blacks to recognize one white person from among the overwhelming majority of whites who are their enemy. Only the Blacks close to Amy would have known she was trying to make a difference.

Amy's parents could use this issue to show OTHER WHITES the result of racism. Let them know that enraged Blacks who are retaliating while experiencing abuses cannot be expected to be so discerning in the face of the overwhelming number of whites who are racist/abusive.

Messages In This Thread

Truth & Reconcilliation *LINK*
Amy Biehl ...
Re: bless sistren.seen *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com