HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Truth & Reconcilliation
In Response To: Re: Truth & Reconcilliation ()

"it is laughable that you would paint my critique into merely a cynical response."

enjoy your laugh

"why don't you look at the truth behind my statements and then deal with the reality?"

the reality is someone was murdered. her parents chose to embrace her murderers, for the good of humanity. the people who murdered her judged her on the basis of her skin-they assumed she was a settler, and was associated with the apartheid regime of s. africa. the story is simple.

"based on her outlook as quoted by her mother "She would say ... if something happens to me over there, I'd rather be a number than a name because ... black people were always reported in the newspapers as numbers -- 11 killed there -- [whereas] when a white person was killed, there would be a name,"-"

i read this and saw the parent say the same thing on TV-that is what was most heroic about the womans action. selfless sacrifice for the common good.

"looks like Amy who was murdered probably had a better grasp on the issue than you do."

now, thank you for the comic relief bredrin. it is even more comical coming from a self-described "white-american," as yourself. you do not know what grasp i have on anything-the day that you KNOW what my experiences are, then you can talk to me about 'grasping' issues. my blackness, however does not prohibit me from seeing the pain and anguish that all people suffer, be they black, white, chineese or otherwise.

"It seems to me that Black people can die in genocidal proportions but there ain't no violins playing for them in the mainstream press"

well, if i remeber correctly, this happened in 1998, and this is the first time i have ever heard of it, so if violins were playing, it took almost 7 years for them to get in tune w/ mainstream press.

"- all it takes a single white person from America to be murdered for a full page article."

you seem to have a guilty conscience, let that go. so what if they wrote an artocle about her. i would think that if I, as a black man went to Bosnia to fight for the right for Bosnians, and was killed, there is quite a good chance, that it would be reported by the main stream press. Is it definite, dont know, but probable.

One single life is valuable, no matter the hue of their skin-should i not grieve for her, as i grieve for others that lost their life in the struggle, so that others may be free. it is easy for you to sit in judgement from your computer screen. i wonder if you are willing to go into the battlefield to defend the rights of africans.

"now if that is not biased, i don't know what is. and please don't think i am taking anything away from her murder for pointing out the facts."

you have not pointed out any facts-you have given your opinion.

bless

Messages In This Thread

Truth & Reconcilliation *LINK*
Amy Biehl ...
Re: bless sistren.seen *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com