Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

What be 'Rampant' and Why
In Response To: Re: Sizzla "Karate" ()

Greetings Gman,

Me de read all through the I's reasonings with everyone through last night and today and find this all most interesting. peoples views pon what de go on in Jamaica, as well as why the musician them go on the way them do.

What has happened in Jamaica in the past 30 years or so has mostly been due to the rapid rise in the tourist industry AND in the music industry. What that means is whole heaps of money being invested by outsider capitalists in industries that promote unbelievable lifestyles. Lifestyles that have shocked and dismayed all respectfull Jamaican people. Where at one time the sight of the Rastaman brought fear and dread into the hearts of the people... now, when the people go to places like Negril or Ochi, the shock is more than most can take! And watching the young ones get sucked right into the moral down-struction and perversion is too, too sad a thing.

Now, I will not say that homosexuality is 'rampant', I will say it is far more exposed these days because of the tourist industry. And I also say that so is heterosexual activity, because of tourism and because of the music industry as well. Both these things have led the youth of today into lifestyles of pure vanity. And many musicians merely use 'rasta' to market themselves because them know it will help to sell them CD's. Some a them even got managers tellin them to grow dreads an all cause that gonna SELL!! Is marketing...
Capitalism...

In Jamaica homosexuality has never been allowable behaviour. NEVER. Not now...not never. And a musician dis it... that gonna SELL!! You get me? The industry is interested in what will SELL. SELL. SELL. Tourists want a place to go naked and f**k and will pay, so the hotel provide it. Music will be what people them want to hear and will pay for. Is all commercialized for the money.

And so is me beautiful Jamaica. One big PARTY island where you can come and f**k all day and all night any body you want, male or female. Get any drug you want to do you brain in. And then Jamaicans make themselves feel less guilty when them listen to Sizzla or Capleton sing gainst battyboys... and nah go do concert in Africa cause the money no nough! CHO!!

Whole heap a f**kry that go on, me tell you!
Pure Capitalism! for PROFIT and GREED!
THAT is what is RAMPANT inna Jamaica!

IanI Rastafari

Messages In This Thread

Sizzla "Karate"
Re: Sizzla "Karate"
Re: Sizzla "Karate"
What be 'Rampant' and Why
Re: What be 'Rampant' and Why
A nex ting occur to me...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com