HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Sizzla "Karate"

Yunno is funny I just post that ting about Sizzla and then last night I hear this new song by he that is WICKED man. I ain' know what it name but it go "Me slew dem with karate, hail Rastafari the ancient Monarchy!" Yo Kaya, a tink Tafari waan hear that- I know is not a "Christian" song but he could practice he kata nice to that one.

Yeah I ain't tryin to diss these people seen. Jus bringing up some points. But one that I should have brought up was something diyouth pointed out to me a while back. That is basically that these artists are speaking to a specific audience in their language. Maybe I don't overstand all the nuances of that language. What might seem negative to I might seem very positive to someone else. And I certainly ain't trying to pin everything on jus Capleton and Sizzla, or blame them directly for any violence that happens against whoever, whether gays or the old Irish nun who got bludgeoned to death by those poor confused "Rastas" in St. Lucia (anyone know is wha happen to them by the way? Not to condone such actions at all, but I don't waan see them get the death penalty- and I do wonder what might have inspired such virulent hatred cos it couldn't be music or theology alone. Sound like maybe them Catholic priest boys did something to them when they were small. Me ain' know).

Another aspect of that is, if what Roots Womb(Man) was saying about a large homosexual community in JA is true, maybe is dem that Sizzla and dem is talking to directly, in a rough language but with the intention to direct them away from something they deeply believe to be wrong. So I ain' know, what I seein as hate might really be love. Is all about intentions, who could read someone's heart?
Well I just acknowledging that is two (or more) sides to every story. I still standin by what I post before though.
Blessings!

Messages In This Thread

Sizzla "Karate"
Re: Sizzla "Karate"
Re: Sizzla "Karate"
What be 'Rampant' and Why
Re: What be 'Rampant' and Why
A nex ting occur to me...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com