HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Hailé Selassié quote: what do you think?

Who could know the ways of God?
Anyway like me said I don't see Selassie I as literally GOD, but as representing God and giving InI the key to recognizing God within our Black selves and within all living things.
I ain't gon bodda get more into this discussion. If you know Selassie I is God, you know that. If you know he's not, you know that. Why argue about it? Leave it alone.
I couldn't care less who or what you see as God. Are you an atheist? I couldn't care less either. What you believe about "religion" is your own personal business. (And yes there are Rastas who take it more as a religion but I and nuff others don't see it that way.)
What's important is not this bickering about things which we will never really know the answer to until we return to the essence and are fully re-united with JAH the source of all life. What's important is what we're gonna do to change the f---d up conditions that are strangling not only Black people, not even only humans, but all life on earth.
Whether you intend it or not, all this debating about Selassie is just turning people off to what you may actually have to offer to this board. Most people in this board accept Selassie I as either God, Christ's second advent, defender of the faith, or (as with I) symbolic of God. You have a different opinion, you've stated it, now leave the subject alone and come with something different.
I have another topic to suggest. Are you from Amerikkka? What do you know about the "Office of Homeland Security", headed by that evil pig (sorry animals, don't mean to insult ya) Thomas Ridge? I haven't had much chance to investigate exactly what powers they have, would appreciate info if you know more.
Let's focus on what we have in common instead of what separates us. Fight the Power!
(By the way, I find it odd that you started out seeming to accuse rasta of 'racism' and then go and quote Chuck D. Now Chuck D.'s my boy fuh real, but he's said things far more 'racist' than I've ever heard a Rasta say.)

Messages In This Thread

Hailé Selassié quote: what do you think?
Re: Hail Selassi quote: what do you think?
Yo leftist militant Hayl Selasse I is Almighty God

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com