HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Hailé Selassié quote: what do you think?

Peace and respect.

"It could be, though, that Selassie I is indeed God in flesh and that he denied this for a specific purpose: so that we would HELP OURSELVES and not wait on God to deliver us."

Well...that would be weird to say the least. God lets several religions on this earth, each one claims to be the "true" one; this already confuses people enough to me. Too easy, help ourselves and not wait on God to deliver us? Hasn't man always helped himself so far? If Hailé Selassié was God in flesh, then God would have been a failure.

"HIM might not even have known this but I see HIM as fulfilling prophecy..."

How could God not know about Himself? That's an oxymoron and just crazy. Moreover, how could Christ claim to be a follower of a religion and follow Christ (=himself?) and see Christ (=himself?) as his own saviour?!
As to the prophecy. I think you're referring to that passage in Revelation. Well, it's pretty weird to me. I read the book, as if you read all Revelation it's easy to understand that the titles mentioned refer to Jesus Christ (the Lamb, the Lion of Judah etc.), later in the book hailed as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Then circa 1900 years after Christ walked this earth, you got people calling Hailé Selassié appellations and now he fullfils the prophecy?
Besides, as far as I know, Jesus Christ stated that he would return on earth to judge all the peoples in the end.

I didn't know that Hailé Selassié was in favor of death penalty. Death penalty is bulls**t. Weird, God being in favor of death penalty...that'd be crazy for real...

"Rastafari is not a religion, it is a way of life and a culture created PRIMARILY by and for African people to address our specific needs and problems, SECONDARILY for all people (especially oppressed people) to learn from and adopt in whatever manner they see fit, as long as they are RESPECTFUL of its AFRICAN origins."

Then if Rastafari is a culture, a movement created in order to solve African people issues, then why theorize the deity of a man and create strange syncretisms?

I just fully respect and support Rasta movement as a STRUGGLE MOVEMENT against oppression and exploitation but Hailé Selassié's divinity really makes no sense at all to me for sure.

Peace out.

P.S.: I don't wanna convert anybody at all. I only don't like to see the evidence being denied through weak and crazy argumentations.

Messages In This Thread

Hailé Selassié quote: what do you think?
Re: Hail Selassi quote: what do you think?
Yo leftist militant Hayl Selasse I is Almighty God

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com