HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Education the Key

If we would truly like to see racism eradicated Education must be the key. we can say love your neighbor all we want , but until we teach about the contributions that all races have made to the world we live in, there will always be people feeling as if they are superior to another. I don't know about other countries, but I know the education that I received here in the states was horrible in that area. If we learned about another country it is usually some negative event like a war or famine. Never a positve event. And when it comes to Africa it is basically slavery or nothing. I am shocked at the number of my students that have never heard of Nelson mandela. America has done a great job in sending the wrong message that Africa has no History. This has to change. I sometimes wonder if I can blame a fourteen year old white kid who thinks he is better than everyone else. He/She is basically a victim of that system and until we change that system we will continue to produce more of these individuals that need to be deprogramed. And until they are all deprogramed and we stop producing more of them we will have Race problems.

Messages In This Thread

Education the Key
Re: Education the Key
Educate with the Truth

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com