Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Jamaica is in deep right now

give thanks,

as u know there is a reason for most things if not evrything. Because man an man is able to die it gives reason to fear, not knowing what will make u die. when anyones character or life is being threatend it leads u to defence "Kill or be killed"[Bounty]. Killing or harm or insults to another is a defence. The way how the Governments in this world is set up it makes it possible for someone to be poor. Would u sit down and starve your self of joy and live dying, or try to get 'food' and live like how u see rich people live or how u think a person should live?

If all the money in this world was distrubuted to each one equally evryone would live good. The reason why this doesn't happen is because there is people who believe that this earth is theirs and no one elses, basically saying their God. The Queen of England didn't work a day in her life, but has evrything she wants, why? because she is the daughter of so and so. But if you trace their history far back the only reason they can say that the riches/land is their's is through bloodshed...taking land from people.

even to this day the only thing that sez its their land is bloodshed. Wether is we kill we selves or police kill we the rich man is still rich, neva work as hard as ther poor.

Now with their Foolish morals, Foolish principals it gives reason for people to respect them and regard them and make it a need for their government. But when u poor and feel the sting, morals, principals, doesnt matter because what ever is out there is not benefitting me. Now its not about blak killing blak, but about a person jus wanting to feel good, physicaly and mentally. I can't stick up the priminister as easily as I could a citizen.

Music is an expression. and Artists are expressing the situations in the music. Its like a word and a definition. Instead of saying the definition u say the word. Music is like the word, so dancehall is equally as important as a conference meetings held by parliment about issues of the country.

when u know what people is fighting(defending) for
u won't be afraid of screwface, fierce words, or the violence. Now I tell u that only a person that has free themself can speak the words, do the things, that can change the situation in Jamaica. The problem is not only the government but we who believe in them. "...is InI cause these problems"[sizzla].

"although I still know that hate and love so not spring from the same source. "
but it is love to hate what does not allow u to give and recieve love.

"But lateley the gun talk has been making InI wonder if I sould even play this music."
I want u, if u can, to give an example of a gun talk that makes u consider playing the music.
Its harder to keep clean when u don't see the dirt. Jus believing that its there will be burden to your mind. This initself is a lesson to learn not reject something before moving on. if it is not resolved it will haunt u in another endeavor u choose to do or haunt u life.

if their is any question ask Iyah coz a nuff I's pon the message boards that can give guidance without the question mark. Yet only u can put it together.

I take it you are a selecta for a sound...right now Reggae musik needs a selecta that can play intelligently...not jus giving them what they want because its not always what u want is what u mus get. The way how u introduce a song can change the interpretaion of that song dramatically, even make a bad song good.

nuh mek noting stop u from what u love.

guidance

Messages In This Thread

Too much violence in cultural dancehall?
raspect! some specific lyrics for the I
another thought,,,
Re: another thought,,,

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com