Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

raspect! some specific lyrics for the I

Give thanks for blessed reasoning

Some lyric specifically InI am referring to are tunes (mostly singles) of this past year-
the Capelton "I will Have to Murder Dem" joint-
"mi ready fi bust gun just like a bin laden"
I think that song also chats about "killing" battys and sodomites (metaphorical maybe but does everyone realize that?)
InI know this was before all this isht went down in NYC but that is not Rasta Ites to I.
This kills me because InI love the sounds from the Prophet, who has probobly saved nuff ghetto youth from Babylon.

Sizzla has been coming rough latley too- songs like Babylon Kill 7 is all about guns, the song Streetside Knowledge (make me groooowww, Rastafari me know) says: me a go shot battyboy and dem bumbaclot, me a go shot lesbian and dem bumbaclot... And the Song on the newest album, blaze up the chalwa, has a song where the whole chorus is "give dem a gunshot."

Even Anthony B, who did the tune "Lock the Guns Dem" did a song called All Thugs in Here recently...

Now there are always two sides of a coin, part of InI think that this rugged vibe is exactly what some of the ghetto youth need as a first step towards livity. The other side says these artists should either return to the older vibe, or try and keep the ruff talk toned down.

Live up youth Iyas! Raspect elders!
Ites.

Messages In This Thread

Too much violence in cultural dancehall?
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
raspect! some specific lyrics for the I
another thought,,,
Re: another thought,,,

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com