Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: another thought,,,
In Response To: another thought,,, ()

give thanks,
first of all go to,
www.reggaeweb.com
then click on artists and click on
"Anthony B Thats Life" link.
its an interview in which he tells what is a Bobo, Nyabingi and so forth.

search the sight, there is also a sizzla interview their too.

"metaphorical maybe but does everyone realize that?"
...look whats written in the bible, and out of one something people a reliaze many different things.
Most of these lyrics are stricly metaphorse emphasising a principal. If you listen to Capelton lyrics, its more geerd to a live performance type thing. when you hear that chune for the first time, red out ina dance, and him seh "Bus mi gun lika bin laden" it gives a comical yet serious twist which is really the formula for most hit songs in dancehall. Its like 'understand' to 'overstand'. That is strictly a poetical statement. I hear Capelton myself say "u understand" when reasoning person to person.
Some people, of whom no one can control but themselves, take it on a formal level. Its funny how some people on message boards waan correct man an man fi gramma... "its not babylons understand, its overstand". But if u did not know what I mean how can u correct me. if the message is conveyed den top u nyze(speaking to them an those)

Like I said before in a post...Bob Marley shot the Sheriff so why can't Sizzla shot Battyman?

Though in all fairness ini cannot speak fi Sizzla and the rest. But what about sizzlas song "beautiful world", "love set me free I'm gone", "how do u feel", "never leave". Never loose off of an Artist until u meet with them in person.

Anthony B has toured the world and is on that level that his lyrics is now representing not only Yard culture but North American culture too.

I can tell u somethings about Sizzla, his crew, and guns...but ini nuh waan spread anyting. Put it this way, International Governments know about Sizzla, as well as many others...

Again u have to realy consider the lifestyle and surroundings of these artists. What is natural and no pain for them might be disagreement wid people not in that environment. The reason why alot of the culture (I mean jamaican streetside, market bak culture) is not expressed in Reggae is because of them wanting it to be world wide excepted. They're jus like ME AND U...the only thing is that they are born to do what they do thats why they appear and is so great.

Now Its becomeing a trend to represent who u are to the fullest...and the names on peoples lips are the leaders of this trend. Capelton is saying don't be ashamed, jus be/free yourself in Rastafar I. Sizzla is saying "We're taking over" because he knows evryone will imerse themself in the vibe fully.

If there were know metaphors, their lyrics would be jus talking...remember music is a medetation of a reality.

eg. I saw InI Man from Caveman Sound (who started Sizzla on his carreer) in the lobby of a club that he was playing at. He hail me and pass and i smelt a cigarrette smell. Then I said to myself "mi chek seh Bobo nuh smoke babylon ganja". But then I realized that its jus me being around Bobo's who reject that, is making me think like that...then u realize your not the only ones on earth, u know.

so nuh watch the words, the slangs, jus watch the manifestations...I never herd one incident that u can seh " it because of so and so lyrics weh mek di man shoot him dung". "What comes out of man defiles him"

"rugged vibe is exactly what some of the ghetto youth need as a first step towards livity"

well u see me. I'm a very quiet, soft speaking person but flip my switch, and all be like a Roaring Lion. If someone were to come an disrespect or start a fight with me, instead of saying "a weh di bl--- clawt u tink u a deal wid p---", I would say "sekel u Bombo clawt self a more love mi deal wid, zeen king". I basically take all that anger and chanel that energy into postive words and to restrain myself from striking someone. There vocals of the artist no-a-days is expressing this vibe mentioned.

feel free fi continue di reasoning set-speed.

otherwise,
guidance

Messages In This Thread

Too much violence in cultural dancehall?
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
raspect! some specific lyrics for the I
another thought,,,
Re: another thought,,,

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com