HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Too much violence in cultural dancehall?

Greetings in love and respect.

I am blessed with the oppurtunity to select word sound and power for lots of ears and some artists have got InI thinking latley. I would never cast personal judgement on any Idren of creation, artist, or shotta.

InI know that times are rough in Jahmekya, when I first got there two Idrens got shot for stealing a car stereo- this was in a small town- the ten days I was there 43 people died, almost all in Kingston. InI must work and pray for the ghetto youth, who are caught up in a trap.

The lyrics of some gifted artists like Capelton and Sizzla Kolanji have seemed to take aggression out on babylon in violent ways- as an amerikkkan, the battyboy chanting has seemed excessive and repetitive to I, but after visiting the I-land i can see haw it is happening although I still know that hate and love so not spring from the same source. But lateley the gun talk has been making InI wonder if I sould even play this music. So it got I meditaing hard to the point where I had some bugged out dreams-
I see one side that says I as an americn can't understand the situation and must not judge because thare is a time for peace and war.
And the other side that questions if these idren are messing up RASTAFARI livity- because these messages spread to other cultures.

Guidance?
give thanks

Messages In This Thread

Too much violence in cultural dancehall?
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
Re: Jamaica is in deep right now
raspect! some specific lyrics for the I
another thought,,,
Re: another thought,,,

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com