HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Lifes not so black and white.

It's so sad..... Im a non rasta white guy. After a recent trip to Jamaica I have become very interested in rastafarianism and have found myself agreeing with nearly all rasta ideals and beliefs. Admittidly I have an infinite amount to learn, but as I look into expressing my rasta beliefs I am confused by the white/black rasta divide. I appreciate there are huge differences in terms of history (It angers me beyond words that my white ancestors have created such a destructive divide which we must now work to end) but issues of "responsibility" confuse me. Any black/white rasta please feel free to correct me on this. Some posts I have read explain how it is white rastas duty to help rid the world of babylon in their "privialaged" position. Please may I add that in a racist's eye a white man/woman trying to help the black race is probably seen as worse than being black, therefore not privilaged. It is for this reason that the support from black people is essential in a white persons venture to rid the world of capitalist racism (They will need friends/brothers/sisters more than ever as fellow whites disown them)Shouldn't it be a joint venture 50/50, a unity which cancels out any predominant race? I also find it annoying when certain white rastas fail to notice the difference colour creates. It would not only be great but in fact it would be perfect if there were no difference between black and white rastas, but white rastas must stop trying to ignore the embarrasing point of thier history and refer to thier migration as pilgrimage not repatriation. Enough said it is the rasta beliefs that must be lived and promoted and racism and "white supremecy" that must be ended and we must reach it together. To rasta readers (regardless of colour) my love

Messages In This Thread

Lifes not so black and white.
take the blue pill and the story ends...... *LINK*
Re: Lifes not so black and white.
Sister Sofi is QUEEN
Re: Sister Sofi is QUEEN
Re: Sister Sofi is QUEEN *LINK*
ITHIOPIA
Re: ITHIOPIA
Re: ITHIOPIA *LINK*
Oromo also
semitic connection? semitic language..............
Re: Sister Sofi is QUEEN *LINK*
[in all fairness] there are 3 types of people.....
prince burridge are you non'white'? *NM*
mattaniauk
Re: mattaniauk
Re: mattaniauk

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com