Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Good/Evil/Balance/Creation

Greetings to all:

First I want to say that I hope and intend for this reasoning to be in line with Rasta and if not, I apologize for my inquiries.

I have been fortunate enough to reason and learn in an interesting discussion on good and evil. Ras Heru explained balance/nature and Selassielive explained functions and duality.

If I have sighted this correctly, good and evil need each other to 'exist'. And this makes perfect sense to me because other opposites need each other to exist AND to continue cycles (life). (man/wombman) (yin/yang) (wake/sleep) (eat/excrete) (inhale/exhale) (birth/death)

But if good is balance, and it is natural to balance, how is evil or "imbalance" just as strong?
Am I using the wrong phrase 'just as strong' and should be saying 'but necessary'

The Sun is good...what the sun does for all life is good...but there is no doubt that ALL sunshine and no rain (and vice versa) is destructive to life.

So the key word I seek is 'moderation". (which means in the middle/equal/measured/balanced)) ...in the middle of what?...two extremes...two poles.

Isnt 'life' but moderation of 'birth and 'death'

But it has been made clear since the beginning of time that 'good' reigns supreme, so (hopefully not splitting hairs) I seek the definition of "good"

Good = Balance..."God created everything, and it was 'good"...but balance is the 'equalization' of good and evil...so how does good+evil=good?...Is it the definition that is con-fusing me or the perspective?

And when it comes to "functions" (a value that is dependent on another value) doesn't that apply to everything, including the Creator?

YHWH = I am who I am
what if i asked "why"...Y

YHWH+Y...I am who I am...why? (answer) I am who I am (that's why)...
W-H-Y...I am who, and why?..because I am W-H-O and W-H-Y!!!
Y = and/addition/multiplication
0 = circle or no-thing (no beginning, no end)

The letter (Y) is the letter (I) split on the top...like a choice/decision.
Is this the balance of CHOICE and NATURE?

Is the "Y" the value for the "function"? (Creator is nothing without creation which is nothing without the Creator)
We already know that God wants/needs man to glorify him.
What is the architect of a building with no one to bewilder?

Brother Panho, this is what I mean when I state that divinity is more 'internalised' than we are taught. We are accountable to our Creator to remain solid skyscrapers...and we are already given what we need to do so...I give much th-ankhs!!!

If anyone feels it is "audacious" to ask such questions, I must say that I ask what the Mind (moderator of body and spirit) is for then, if not always seeking WHO I AM and WHY I AM.

-always

Messages In This Thread

Good/Evil/Balance/Creation
Re: Good/Evil/Balance/Creation *LINK*
Party For Your Right To Fight
Re: Good/Evil/Balance/Creation
good, bad, or ugly...Ma'at is Ma'at...PERIOD!!!
Re: good, bad, or ugly...Ma'at is Ma'at...PERIOD!!
Equanimity
Re: Equanimity
Good is the WINNER!
Ma'at is the WINNER!
Maybe Ma'at is Good *NM*
Re: Maybe Ma'at is Good
MA'AT JUST IS...........ALL GOOD!!!
Re: MA'AT JUST IS...........ALL GOOD!!!
hotep, but
Re: hotep, but
good, bad or ugly.....MA'AT is MA'AT, period!!!
there is NO up or down

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com