ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Equanimity
In Response To: Re: Equanimity ()

Ites
The UNIverse is One.

The void is "nothingness/emptiness".

There is always chaos at the point where the two dualites diverge. In the center of chaos is calm (like a hurricane for instance).

This chaos is the void(mind).

The dualites sprang from the void (mind).

Dualities are necessary for physical survival.

But in the realm outside of the physical plane, dualities do not exist.

This is why ones say that InI are returning to the Oneness of the UNI-verse of balance, order, and TRUTH.

Overstand that nothing exists unless the (void) mind wills it to exist.

That is why InI say, "Mind over matter"

Taoists are constantly striving for "wu chi (nothingness/void)" It refers to where we begin and where we die. Zen buddhists are always trying to achieve emptiness (the void). They call it "Directly pointing at the mind"

I know this is difficult to grasp because I falls out of the exoteric realm of the major religions.

But esoterically, it is there.

Plus the language used is focused on duality, which makes overstanding and expression more difficult.

God is even mentioned in the dualistic term of "he"

Give thanks for the reasoning.

I will leave the I with something to Iditate on:

"The Dreamer
ONE: The universe is My dream. Every thing therein, including 'you' and 'me', is an element of that dream - from elephant to virus, from nebula to atom.

TWO: Then each of us dreams a universe? How comes it that we all dream the same universe?

ONE: Each of us does not dream a universe. Only I dream the universe. You all perceive the same universe because you are all elements in My dream.

TWO: Is that concept not - let us say - somewhat egotistic?

ONE: 'Egoism' is a dualistic concept and implies 'non-egoism'. But there is no such thing in reality as non-egoism. Therefore there is no egoism either. There is only I - and nothing else (which would be necessary) to constitute egoism.

TWO: But why is the universe your dream any more than mine?

ONE: I have already told you: 'you' do not exist except as dreamed by Me.

TWO: Supposing I reply that 'you' do not exist except as dreamed by Me?

ONE: That is unnecessary: it goes without saying.

TWO: There is evidently something I have failed to understand.

ONE: That is due to our dualistic language, inadequate to the communication of truth. We have to use the same word to convey several meanings. You are still thinking in terms of identification with a body. You are using the terms 'you' and 'me' in order to indicate the unreal elements of My dream which are holding this conversation. Unreal elements of a dream cannot dream the universe of which they are elements.

TWO: Then who dreams it?

ONE: I do. Anyone who says 'I do'. For that I is the Absolute, Reality, Consciousness Itself, Cosmic Mind, Tao. That I is One - no matter who says it.

TWO: Obscure, very obscure!

ONE: 'Obscure' my foot! It is as clear as daylight, as simple and obvious as anything within the grasp of Mind in manifestation. Only its expression is obscure - for it has been expressed in words.

TWO: So I am everything in this universe, as I am everything in the universe of my sleeping dreams, every elephant, every virus, every nebula, every atom, 'you' and 'I'?

ONE: You have understood.

TWO: What more is there to say?

ONE: Nothing whatsoever. Everything is explained, every word of every Sage and Master. That is the meaning of the Lord Buddha expressly conveyed in the Lankavatara Sutra, and Sri Krishna if he be regarded as responsible for Vedanta Advaita (philosophy of oneness)."
-by Wei Wu Wei

Messages In This Thread

Good/Evil/Balance/Creation
Re: Good/Evil/Balance/Creation *LINK*
Party For Your Right To Fight
Re: Good/Evil/Balance/Creation
good, bad, or ugly...Ma'at is Ma'at...PERIOD!!!
Re: good, bad, or ugly...Ma'at is Ma'at...PERIOD!!
Equanimity
Good is the WINNER!
Ma'at is the WINNER!
Maybe Ma'at is Good *NM*
Re: Maybe Ma'at is Good
MA'AT JUST IS...........ALL GOOD!!!
Re: MA'AT JUST IS...........ALL GOOD!!!
hotep, but
Re: hotep, but
good, bad or ugly.....MA'AT is MA'AT, period!!!
there is NO up or down

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com