Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Let's not stop with Kemet and Ethiopia

Hotep,

I notice that many Rastas and Afrocentrics make much of the history of Ancient Kemet, which was indeed a major source of scientific, architectural, and philosophical inventions that made the modern world what it is today. Also Ethiopia has a high place among Rastas and Afrocentrics because it is the birthplace and homeland of HIM Selassie. However, most of us do not descend from Ethiopia or Kemet. The religious systems of Ghana, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Tanzania, and a host of other Afrikan countries are filled with wisdom that is thousands of years old. If we study these systems, it is possible that we could learn some things to incorporate into existing practices that may take us all to a higher spiritual or even physical plane. Everyone talks about Kemet, but who talks about the Shona Empire which was also very impressive?
Rastas should leave I-self open to all of the blessed teachings of Afrika and not stop with only two countries. I love to see Pan-Afrikanism among Black people. I have been called a False Rasta because my definition apparently differs from those of the Rastas in the Cleveland area. To me, a Rasta is any Black person who rejects spiritual, material, and mental colonization in favor of a more Afrikan way of life. So in my opinion, you can practice the religion of the Yorubas and be a Rasta. You can pray to Shango and be a Rasta. Since Afrika is the focus of Rasta, any Black Afrikan culture or religion is also Rasta.
Please reason with me on this. I was a bit saddened by the reaction of some Rastas that anyone who does not believe that HIM is God is not a Rasta. I think that misses the point. Blessings all.

Messages In This Thread

Let's not stop with Kemet and Ethiopia
Re: Let's not stop with Kemet and Ethiopia
Eja, Human-Afrikan-Yoruba...ALL THE SAME!!!
Re: Eja, Human-Afrikan-Yoruba...ALL THE SAME!!!
Hotep, no argument....
Re: Hotep, no argument....
rasdavid simmonds, is your searchlight dead?
That's Right...Never Stop!!!
have you ever been 'locked-up'
Re: have you ever been 'locked-up'
True, but the spirit and evidence remain!!! *NM*
For Selassielive
Re: Let's not stop with Kemet and Ethiopia *LINK*
Re: Let's not stop with Kemet and Ethiopia(Enigma)
Afrikans Are Afrikans

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com