HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: If we will build African unity
In Response To: If we will build African unity ()

I am adding some views to the Unity Issue. I will opt out of responding to what I feel are a contrived set of posts.

African unity is not simply about Black Africans agreeing to do anything. People agree to DO then fight among themselves all the time. Whites and all others make agreements while not addressing underlying prejudices. Without addressing the underlying problems they squabble about EVERYTHING and are distracted from the goals they set. In my view that is not real unity, but shaky agreements. African Unity involves a realization of common bonds with the universe, time, history, people and ideals. The concept of unity with oneself cannot be owned by anyone. It is our individual selves/history realizing its place in our common shared history/universe.

African Unity is first about personally making that bond with our African past and allowing for the experience therein to guide present actions. It will be good if all Black Africans share a common purpose and agenda, but that is not likely to happen in the near future. Many will deliberately or unintentionally try to usurp Black African agendas because of their own unaddressed racism, colorism, and gender prejudices. It is because of these prejudices we need unambiguous safeguards. Our symbols and direction have to constantly oppose the corrupt status quo to reflect that which has been most suppressed and oppressed. Fortunately that also works out to be our most original symbols.

Black Movements should only be lead by people who have been systematically negatively impacted the most by the system. Of course, it was already explained that if such people were relatively informed and are developing that they would be the most qualified people (on merit) for leadership in any Black Movement as well as other institutions.

As I said:
"Many people may be ethnically Black/African, even by U.S. standards (which we all do not accept), but not actually Black in looks and dark-skin Black African sensitive. The system negatively impacts darker-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans, especially those without stereotypical White features, the most. If people claim that they are unable to find suitable dark-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans for any position, then I would suggest that it is racism and colorism that is denying those dark-skinned Blacks. It is definitely colorism why other Blacks cannot see suitably qualified dark-skinned kinky-hair Blacks."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=69906

If people are still struggling with the idea of personal unity then collective unity seems like an insurmountable task. So in my view, African Unity works in harmony with one's personal quest for unity with one's life-force (self). That can be experienced. Then one would work to develop oneself in harmony with the powers therein. It is NOT like you could suspend the laws of nature to get what you want. It is more like you realize numerous ways to accomplish many things and you can work with self control.

Once the unity is worked out on the celestial levels people can experience that here and now and are automatically conscious of being part of a vast network. They are easily able to recognize others who are either approaching a similar path or are on a similar path.

Messages In This Thread

If we will build African unity
inner self seeking
Re: inner self seeking
Re: If we will build African unity *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com