Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Fyahman
In Response To: Fyahman *LINK* ()

Give thanks for the reply. I idrine told I that the agreement was for indentured workers; who should have returned to their home country; after a specified period of work. It did'nt happen. Hence, the name of the place "Badagry"; meaning that a bad agreement was made. The Brutish were the deceitful ones involved in the underhanded affair.

The Order of the Blood Root or Kinship is the first order of man; established by Africans to organise society and culture. In other words, one's place and function in the community is defined based on one's blood relations. An example of this; is when InI invoke fictive Kinship and call each other "Idrine and Sistrine". Therefore, it is important to know and overs the specifics of InI origins, migrations and the formation of new ethnic groups, nations, languages and even empires throughout that process of migration. In doing so, we will come to know InI true selves and capabilities; fulfilling the ancesteral command of "MAN KNOW THYSELF". And I add another; "TO THINE OWNSELF BE TRUE".

That said, I aprecilove your post in bringing forward InI common unity(ntu) in origins from the Sahara(Aquatic) Civilzation, InI migrations into the Nile Valley and the rest of Africa. This shows that the various ethnic groups and nations have a common ancestor and language. Hence, what we call languages in the Continent are but dialects of the same lingua. It seems as if words are formed from a combination of letters that might look different; but sounds the same given the intonation or how it is pronunced. Then there are stems or roots that words are built around. You can correct I, If I man perceptions or conjectures are wrong.

The migration and cultural patterns, also demonstrates that we in the West are the direct relatives of these sufferers in the Niger Delta. Hence, defining a relationship based on the aforementioned factors is imperitive for the alleviation of our oppression and not some abstraction, as in: those people over in Africa called the Ijaws(Ijahs), I wonder how we are connected to them? What does their plight have to do with ours? Knowing how and that the same people brought across the Atlantic in chains are suffering and being exploited by the said same pirates in InI(their) homeland; should motivate us to take action.

I idrine also conveyed to I man; that during the migration, the Ibos were forbiden to marry or procreate with the short people. This injunction was violated. Hence, there are some very tall Ibos and short ones too. So the Ibos have Twa or Mbiti ancestors. Yet, from I perspective this process should hold true for all the groups of the southern migration. The Twa, Mbiti and San seem to be the most aboriginal people to the Continent. They have tight pepercorn hair that's very sparse and close to the scalp. Other Africans seem to have a mixture from straight wyrie throgh curly to wooly, to kinky, to nappy and boury, to kinky to tight wool, to peppercorn. Hence, as the migration South progressed, we have groups shuch as Bantu being formed through intermarraige with the short people. I assume you are familiar with the terms Nommo, Ntu,Kintu,Hintu,Muntu,Bantu etcetera. You can refresh I memory. There are supposed to be seven prnciples.

I did not realise the connection between Nok and the whole culture complex of Ife as the centre of learning. Given that I am familiar with Nok's terracotta art; it does make sense that the art of Ibadan and Benin(bronze) have their roots in Nok. Hence, we see the true ancientcy and expanse of InI West African Civilization. Ones might not know, but Benin Bronze is the most exquisite of Modern and ancient Art; comparable to the Greeks or European Renaissance.

So me Idrine when InI clear InI Irites of all the foreign and alien versions of their confusion, isms and shisms which perpetuate InI mixed up moods and attitudes; we can see clearly InI basis for unity(ntu). It's always there ready to be dusted off and rekindle. But the bottom line is to know. Because without knowing then InI Can't Know InI selves, hence our capabilities. Only then can InI people break these chains of downpression.

N.B. A younger Idrine whose hobby is studying the Hieroglyphs and Amaharic; was beyond joy to read the link you posted and to see the language and myth connections with ancient Aegypt. I have a piece of artwork from Ibadan with holes in the head for the various acupunctural pressure points.Yes, all art have a purpose and fucntion in the daily cultural life of Africans. It is not just an ornamental piece with no useful function.

Give Tanks Salem in Fekir innah RastafarI

Messages In This Thread

Where is the African nation?
Re: Where is the African nation?
Emperor's salute!!!; I'm humbled
Fyahman *LINK*
The Kilombero
Gun = Egun = Ogu *LINK*
Re: Gun = Egun = Ogu
Re: Gun = Egun = Ogu *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com